User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Download the Lippert app and you will have faster, easier access to the manuals for the Ground Control 3.

Clear all of the errors and reset the zero point.

New time you unhitch, make sure the unit is nose high based on the DISPLAY and not eyeballing - many folks actually cannot discern what's level or not.

Auto-level.

Make no manual adjustments after leveling - you can bump auto-level again if you have some settlement/compaction of the ground under the jack feet.

When you're ready to go, Auto reconnect and it will return it to the height you unhitched it.

The height the unit was unhitched at is stored in volatile memory and is wiped readily, and does require a minimum voltage that is below the threshold that boondockers often work by for the house battery levels, especially those running lithium. So, keep that in mind.

Also, any time you remove the power to the GC3 brain, you really need to reset zero. This is something the Lippert manuals really should stress but they don't, but if you talk to the engineers or former technical manager (who actually now works at GD) they'll tell you it's a must.
    Thank you Rob. I'll download those manuals and do the zero reset so I'm starting with a fresh slate.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    So is "hitch Height" just the height the system records as the height of the front landing gear right before pushing "Auto Level" provided the nose is higher than the rest of the RV at the time "Auto Level" is used? What I mean is, there doesn't have to be any physical disconnection of the wiring for the nose height to be recorded by the Ground Control system. It's just whatever the height of the front is gets recorded provided it's higher than the rest of the rig. Do I understand that right?

In short, yes you have it correct. I typically lower the landing gear until there is a slight (1/4"?) gap between lube plate and 5th wheel hitch, unhook, pull truck forward, lower the nose ~2" then hit the Auto Level. This (hopefully) set "hitch height" just a little low for hooking back up (to prevent "high hitching").

You signature block look good. Thank you for adding it. It greatly helps for answering future questions.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12