User Tag List

Thread: A/C Lesson

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C Lesson

I wanted to share a quick lesson I learned last weekend with our 2020 Solitude 377MBS-R. The a/c unit in the living area was not blowing cold air when I turned in on and we are leaving in 2 weeks for our annual week at the beach. Since we’ve had it for only 8 months it is still under the factory warranty but good luck trying to get a service appointment within 2 weeks.

I called a mobile service that would honor Coleman’s warranty and he came out within the week. He was there less than 20 minutes and the culprit was the temp probe was out of position and the compressor wasn’t sensing the correct temp. $219.50 (Mobile Fee) later the air was running perfect. Side note was that he did correct a couple of GD’s wiring connections that used the quick connectors that were on small gauge wires that were loose. Lesson learned on something to look for before calling again. Better safe than sorry I guess. Happy wife happy life the trip is still on.
    Last edited by Caddyshak; 04-19-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    2022 Ford F-350 SRW PLATINUM CC 6.7 4x4
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 377 MBS-R
    2017 Flagstaff 30WRLIKS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for post. I have run into a couple of bad quick connects. Glad you found yours early. Good to know about the sensor also...
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thanks for the post. I know next to nothing about AC. Now I know a little more.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshak View Post
    I wanted to share a quick lesson I learned last weekend with our 2020 Solitude 377MBS-R. The a/c unit in the living area was not blowing cold air when I turned in on and we are leaving in 2 weeks for our annual week at the beach. Since we’ve had it for only 8 months it is still under the factory warranty but good luck trying to get a service appointment within 2 weeks.

I called a mobile service that would honor Coleman’s warranty and he came out within the week. He was there less than 20 minutes and the culprit was the temp probe was out of position and the compressor wasn’t sensing the correct temp. $219.50 (Mobile Fee) later the air was running perfect. Side note was that he did correct a couple of GD’s wiring connections that used the quick connectors that were on small gauge wires that were loose. Lesson learned on something to look for before calling again. Better safe than sorry I guess. Happy wife happy life the trip is still on.
    Those connectors are terrible!!! Even the senior-most tech at the GD FSC fought them on our rig! Hopefully you got the OK from GD CS for the tech. They'll cover the cost then.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have had to fix those poor connections on some of the female spade connectors. The crimp was bad. So I cut off the connector and folded the small wire so there would be more to grip with a new connector.

I haven’t had an issue with the quick connects.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods