Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Transcend Xplor clogging toilet

We picked up our new 240ML at the end of March. We've been on two trips and both times, the toilet has clogged!!!

I'm using the same toilet paper I used in our Rockwood Roo for 11 years. Never had a problem.

I found some old posts from 2019 on another forum regarding this issue. Apparently the flang was too long or hung too low.

Anyone else having issues with a new model?

I plan to bring this up to the dealer along with several other issues they need to address. I'm just curious is this is a "known" problem as it seemed to be on earlier models.

Thanks SO much!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clogging where?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best that I can describe the clog is at the "top" of the system. At least that's where I think it is. Up near the toilet as opposed to down near the outlet. I can see "sludge" when I look into the toilet while pressing on the pedal (and not water running in). What has happened both times once it is clogged, is the toilet will flush. But, if we continue to run water, the pipe (?) directly below the toilet fills with water and will back up into the toilet if we continue water flow. It will eventually recede.

The first time this happened, we unclogged it with a stick and commando. We continued to use the toilet for the remainder of the trip with no issues. We had full hook-up. At the end of that trip, we emptied the tank into the hook-up, ran water through the system, emptied the grey water and pulled-out. But, the indicator inside the trailer read that the black-water tank was still 2/3 full. We just assumed that toilet paper or something go onto the registers in the tank. Now I'm wondering if there's more to the tank indicators than we knew!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing certain about standard tank indicators in a black tank is that they are unreliable. You may actually have a venting issue with the tank if there's no an obstruction. Unfortunately it is common during construction to have the drops left in the tanks and these can cause problems. Since you unit is new, I'd get with Grand Design Customer Service and get them to authorize a mobile technician to check things out. Tank cleaning services also video and another avenue.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you geotex1! This helpful information.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiking Girl View Post
    The best that I can describe the clog is at the "top" of the system. At least that's where I think it is. Up near the toilet as opposed to down near the outlet. I can see "sludge" when I look into the toilet while pressing on the pedal (and not water running in). What has happened both times once it is clogged, is the toilet will flush. But, if we continue to run water, the pipe (?) directly below the toilet fills with water and will back up into the toilet if we continue water flow. It will eventually recede.

The first time this happened, we unclogged it with a stick and commando. We continued to use the toilet for the remainder of the trip with no issues. We had full hook-up. At the end of that trip, we emptied the tank into the hook-up, ran water through the system, emptied the grey water and pulled-out. But, the indicator inside the trailer read that the black-water tank was still 2/3 full. We just assumed that toilet paper or something go onto the registers in the tank. Now I'm wondering if there's more to the tank indicators than we knew!
    You should always see nothing but water when looking into the tank
    So where is the water going?

Are you not using enough or is your tank valve not closed all the way and leeching water

It should vent fine from the toilet itself.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You should always see nothing but water when looking into the tank
    So where is the water going?

Are you not using enough or is your tank valve not closed all the way and leeching water

It should vent fine from the toilet itself.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I assume I'm using enough water. I'm using the toilet the same way I did in my Rockwood Roo for 11 years and never had a problem.

I'm wondering if the water is slowly getting by a clog just below the toilet and slowly flowing into the tank. We were able to dump something from the tank when checking out.

The valve is definitely closed. I'd think we'd smell it if it was leaking.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When on full hookups when the tank is empty I put plenty of water in to start. 5-8 gallons then use lots of water per use
    You should always see water and not “sludge”

It is one big tank unsure what you mean by getting by the toilet

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    When on full hookups when the tank is empty I put plenty of water in to start. 5-8 gallons then use lots of water per use
    You should always see water and not “sludge”

It is one big tank unsure what you mean by getting by the toilet

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    So you are saying I should be looking right down into the tank from the toilet? If so, it doesn't seem that way to me. It's like there's the toilet, a pipe (perhaps going left) and then I am assuming the tank. It definitely does not appear that I am looking directly into the tank.

Oy! This is frustrating. Things don't seem to make sense and there doesn't seem to be an easy fix to unclog things. I DO appreciate your time NB Canada.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiking Girl View Post
    So you are saying I should be looking right down into the tank from the toilet? If so, it doesn't seem that way to me. It's like there's the toilet, a pipe (perhaps going left) and then I am assuming the tank. It definitely does not appear that I am looking directly into the tank.

Oy! This is frustrating. Things don't seem to make sense and there doesn't seem to be an easy fix to unclog things. I DO appreciate your time NB Canada.
    Maybe yours isn’t directly over your tank. I assumed it would be

Mine is

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast