Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So THAT'S what dishwasher prep means

Hi all - When we picked up our new unit, it had a big sticker on the kitchen island indicating prepped for dishwasher. I looked in the cabinet and saw just a big empty space, no plumbing, no electrical, etc. Didn't bother me at the time as we had no immediate plans to install a dishwasher anyway. However last weekend I lifted the bottom panel inside that cabinet to add some structure to the island (another topic) and found about 4'ish feet of hot water line with a cap coiled up in there. I couldn't find a valve upstream of that line so I assume it's just T'ed into the hot water system. I'm wondering if I should have gotten in there to remove the cap and flush antifreeze into for winterizing or fresh water out of for dewinterizing. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Water connection is behind the wall reach under the back wall for it, as is the electrical box
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you should have flushed it as you say. Water systems in RVs do not remain pressurized all the time. So the contents of that dead ended branch will mix in over time. Good reason to trace it back and valve it at the tee.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with a clothes washer water lines. We have them in our front closet, they are never used. The water in these lines will also get stale and maybe stink then leach back into the water system. Flushing these lines winterizing and de-winterizing is a must.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trace it back and valve it at the tee
    Agree however the T is down in the abyss below the floor. I'm not planning to go down there anytime soon. Would have been nice if the T were accessible under the sink.

Same with a clothes washer water lines.
    Yes, I did flush those as I knew they were there.

I'll be pulling that bottom panel in the DW cabinet again and flush that hot water line. Thanks all!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone