Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21g Solar wiring

I am planning my solar install and cannot figure out where Grand Design ran the prewired MC4 wires to?, from the roof location. Hoping someone here might know.

Thanks in advance.
    Lee

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look in the top of the outside storage area. Red and blue wire stick out about an inch where the back of the compartment and the roof meet.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any recommendations on best way to access that wiring given the tight location? Also, any suggestions on where folks have mounted the solar controller on their 21g?

Thank you.
    Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    I am thinking of using the exterior space that the wires terminate in. My quick measurements suggest I can fit 4- battle borns at the bottom. Have the upper wall for the inverter etc. Also that space is close to the factory A/C and D/C power panels.
    I have been doing some reading, and some are suggesting that the 21g is weight biased towards the street side by 600+ lbs with generator option. I did not get the generator option so I save about 173 pounds street side, that leaves 430ish heavier street side. So trying to balance the load a bit, I am going to put batteries curb side.
    My 2 cents worth, still doing research, will post progress.

Lee