User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stealth, i thought the 3500 (Champion?) was gas only and the 3400 was dual fuel!!
    Thanks for the input.

QUOTE=Stealth13777;364414]Had our 3500 less than a year, but very happy with it. Runs the whole trailer as we use it in economy mode. It’ll never see gas unless there is an emergency. Customer service was great when the electric start battery was dead out of the box - and the person helping was located in North America. In my opinion, having not used them side by side, it’s quiet but not as quiet as the little Honda 2000 watt tailgating generators. Servicing is easy because they clearly designed it to be so.

It is heavy enough and bulky enough that it’s a two person lift into the truck bed for average people with vertebrae they want to keep.[/QUOTE]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Stealth, i thought the 3500 (Champion?) was gas only and the 3400 was dual fuel!!
    Thanks for the input.

QUOTE=Stealth13777;364414]Had our 3500 less than a year, but very happy with it. Runs the whole trailer as we use it in economy mode. It’ll never see gas unless there is an emergency. Customer service was great when the electric start battery was dead out of the box - and the person helping was located in North America. In my opinion, having not used them side by side, it’s quiet but not as quiet as the little Honda 2000 watt tailgating generators. Servicing is easy because they clearly designed it to be so.

It is heavy enough and bulky enough that it’s a two person lift into the truck bed for average people with vertebrae they want to keep.
    [/QUOTE]

The Champion 3400 and 3500 are exactly the same. The 3500 is sold by Camping World.
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Champion 3400 and 3500 are exactly the same. The 3500 is sold by Camping World.[/QUOTE]

Yup, welcome to "retailer exclusives"! Lol. Same holds true of the Cabelas/Bass Pro version.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Geo.....i am learning.

UOTE=geotex1;364456]The Champion 3400 and 3500 are exactly the same. The 3500 is sold by Camping World.[/QUOTE]

Yup, welcome to "retailer exclusives"! Lol. Same holds true of the Cabelas/Bass Pro version.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaV View Post
    Hi, I have used champion 3400w dual fuel a year ago now I am having 4000w. In my opinion champion 3400w is perfect for normal use. But the reason I have moved to 4000w is the 4000w generator offered by Champion ranks high on the lists of the best conventional portable generators available on the market.
    Thanks ChristinaV
    Will look into it.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The open frame construction makes it louder than others The Champion 4000 has a decibel rating of 62

Substantially louder than the Honda (52) or Westinghouse(52).

Champion makes other inverter generators which are soundproofed. Curious why you didn’t buy on of them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Westinghouse IGen 4500 has a 224 engine and can run two air conditioners or 1 and anything in the camper at the same time.

It can run 18 hours on the 3.4 gallon tank or 48 hours on 20 lb propane tank.

It has a remote start and digital diagnostics telling you amount of fuel, how long till oil change , power output etc

It comes with wheels and handle to make rolling it easy

It has a 3 year warranty

But most of all it’s as quiet as a Honda at 52 decibels. That’s a huge deal for the user as well as the neighbors camping. Even when you have it next to the camper you barely hear it. It’s amazing how quiet it is.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've used our 3500 now for 2 years without a hiccup on propane only. The big advantages of propane 1) stores without worrying about it going bad, 2) don't have to worry about making sure the carb and tank has no fuel in them during storage. No concern about having to clean carb bowl or gummed up fuel lines, 3) if you burn gasoline, you really should burn non ethynyl gas which is getting harder to find (a lot of areas you cannot find it). Non alcohol gas stores better, does not go bad as quickly and the regular pump (alcohol gas) unless you use Stabil which extends the life for several months and is less gummy to fuel lines and the carb. It's also more expensive. 4) our F-250 burn diesel, so I don't have to carry 3 types of fuel, and 5) you already have tanks of fuel with your RV.

We carry an extra LP bottle (30lb) for the 3500, and have modified it's regulator so it will run on the low pressure external (BBQ) feed on the trailer. Also realize the regulator that works on the propane side is a vacuum type meaning it has to see a vacuum on the inverter's intake side to allow LP gas thru to burn. There are instructions on the web on how to make that conversion.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 10-27-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    We've used our 3500 now for 2 years without a hiccup on propane only. The big advantages of propane 1) stores without worrying about it going bad, 2) don't have to worry about making sure the carb has no fuel in it during storage. No concern about having to clean carb bowl or gummed up fuel lines, 3) if you burn gasoline, you really should burn non ethynyl gas which is getting harder to find (a lot of areas you cannot find it). Non alcohol gas stores better, does not go bad as quickly and the regular pump (alcohol gas) unless you use Stabil which extends the life for several months and is less gummy to fuel lines and the carb. It's also more expensive. 4) our F-250 burn diesel, so I don't have to carry 3 types of fuel, and 5) you already have tanks of fuel with your RV.

We carry an extra LP bottle (30lb) for the 3500, and have modified it's regulator so it will run on the low pressure external (BBQ) feed on the trailer. Also realize the regulator that works on the propane side is a vacuum type meaning it has to see a vacuum on the inverter's intake side to allow LP gas thru to burn. There are instructions on the web on how to make that conversion.
    I live where non-ethanol is readily available, fortunately but it does not need to be the dreaded chore you describe if you do not live or travel areas where available with two simple tricks. First, always run the tank dry on the generator when done using. After you use them enough you really know by eye the fuel level versus duration. Second, go to any Home Depot, Lowes, ACE, yard equipment dealer,, etc., and buy a container of TruFuel. While you can run a generator on this, it's way too expensive for ethanol-free, but you only need to run a half-pint worth through the generator to not suffer the problem stagnant ethanol blends cause. Nothing wrong with propane, but depending where you travel it's not as easy to refill as gasoline, and in my area it's currently quite a bit more expensive.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I live where non-ethanol is readily available, fortunately but it does not need to be the dreaded chore you describe if you do not live or travel areas where available with two simple tricks. First, always run the tank dry on the generator when done using. After you use them enough you really know by eye the fuel level versus duration. Second, go to any Home Depot, Lowes, ACE, yard equipment dealer,, etc., and buy a container of TruFuel. While you can run a generator on this, it's way too expensive for ethanol-free, but you only need to run a half-pint worth through the generator to not suffer the problem stagnant ethanol blends cause. Nothing wrong with propane, but depending where you travel it's not as easy to refill as gasoline, and in my area it's currently quite a bit more expensive.
    I live in an area where I can get non ethanol gas but about 50 miles away you get that are you from another planet look? When we've traveled cross country, it's been hit and miss. Also I carry 5 gallons of diesel in a diesel (yellow) container and a spare 20 lb LP bottle. Gasoline in a 5 gallon (red) container would be a third fuel which would only be used only if I couldn't get LP which has never been an issue for us. Even in the middle of nowhere, I have been able to find diesel and LP, but non ethanol gas isn't something to be found.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast