User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Got a quote from these guys, more than $500 shipped...
    So I asked about sound reduction and they replied that they do nothing with that at all. Not surprising, as aluminum tends to amplify sound anyway.
    Here is my latest progress and I did manage to get the rack closer by at least 4". Still need to bind it down and cover it for transit...

Nice setup, how do you like your generator they were going to and still might get me one for my birthday?
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Nice setup, how do you like your generator they were going to and still might get me one for my birthday?
    Well it's my first one and I've only broke it in and changed the oil so far. But I think it will come in handy on cold mornings when the batts get below 50%. I like the propane and electric start features mostly.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    It's a great generator/inverter. I've had mine for over a year now, it worked great when I took my daughter hunting in December.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    It's a great generator/inverter. I've had mine for over a year now, it worked great when I took my daughter hunting in December.

Awesome, hopefully that they will still buy me one, and if not I will be buying one myself at least for the house.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual Fuel Generator

Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    We have a Westinhouse / Cummins dual fuel 4500. ( Newgen 4500). Quieter than Honda at 52-57 decibels. Remote start as well as push button and recoil so you can turn on or off inside your camper. Great digital info so you don’t have to guess how many hours you’ve run or or when it’s time for an oil change ( important) . 18 hours on gas fill.

Yes it’s 99 lbs but no refilling 2 - 2000 to achieve its power. It’s got wheels and a handle to pull it.

No special start up kit to run air conditioner because the 2000 can’t get past the start up jolt required. Made by a world reliable generator company Cummins/ Westinghouse. Both the Cummins and Westinghouse are the same generators.

We’ve been very happy with ours and had to use it in a power outage of two days at home. Running 18 hrs was a good thing.
    I have a Westinghouse 4500 Dual Fuel Inverter Generator. I have an inline surge protector and it indicated "reverse polarity" the first time I went to use the generator. The generator has a floating neutral which causes the issue. If you have an issue with your surge protector due to a floating neutral the answer is to get a Neutral to Ground bonded plug ($16 on Amazon) and plug it into one of the 15 amp outlets on the generator and then you can plug into the 30 amp to run the RV with no problem. You get more power from running with Gas but Propane is more convenient.

Bob
    2022 Reflections 150 295RL
    GMC 2500 HD Dbl. Cab 6.6 Turbo Diesel w/10 Speed Allison Transmission

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions on the design of these champion inverter generators. It seems that 3 of the 6 sides of the 'box' are pretty well sealed, the bottom may have vents as well as the front panel and exhaust panel;
    1. I assume these 3 remaining sides need to breath well for cooling purposes while running?
    2. And if they don't, the unit will shut down in self protection mode?
    3. Also, they need protection from rain and snow when running?
    4. When in transit, do all 6 sides need to be completely covered to prevent damage to the electronics, or can the bottom be exposed somewhat?

Someone told me that the electronics might be subject to water exposure and that they need to breath a lot, being an ICE. There were general statements to all inverter generators...yet I see them being hauled around with little protection.
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 03-25-2022 at 01:02 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Questions on the design of these champion inverter generators. It seems that 3 of the 6 sides of the 'box' are pretty well sealed, the bottom may have vents as well as the front panel and exhaust panel;
    1. I assume these 3 remaining sides need to breath well for cooling purposes while running?
    4. When in transit, do all 6 sides need to be completely covered to prevent damage to the electronics, or can the bottom be exposed somewhat?

Someone told me that the electronics might be subject to water exposure and that they need to breath a lot, being an ICE. There were general statements to all inverter generators...yet I see them being hauled around with little protection.

Yes.

It should.

Not in light precipitation. (Subject to interpretation.)

The front is what I would be most worried about. I said "the heck with it" and wrapped it in the tarp.

The bottom is probably okay to be exposed.

Going back to the weather question, Champion does make a "generator tent" for their generators. I figure in heavy rain, or snow, I would just use the tarp and create a tent for it.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of what I thought Moonshadow, thanks.
    Dan and Rita

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567