I’m a belt and suspenders kind o guy. I have 4 generators living in hurricane prone Florida.

We bought a Westinghouse iGen4500DF from Lowes with the 10% veteran discount. It was around $950. It’s dual Fuel, push button start, wireless start etc. Fir long outages at home I drag our RV over and fire up the Westinghouse to run everything in the RV. The Westinghouse is only a 120v output so it can’t power the 240v devices at the house or cabin.

We also have a pair of Honda 2000’s with one converted to dual fuel. When power goes out at the vacation cabin that’s the one I drag it out, connect a 20# propane tank and fire it up. I run the fridge, freezer, TV and some fans all using extension cords. It’s soooo quiet.

Many years ago, after Hurricane Andrew, I bought a 6500 watt Generac gas 120/240 generator. It’s noisy but it can run the 240v well pumps or the 240v Hot Water Heater at the cabin if needed. I’ve got a small transfer switch that allows me to power the sub panel. It’s not clean inverter power but works well for pumps and resistive heaters.

I always carry a small Honda in the RV and for longer RV trios I take both Hondas.