User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champion 3400W Dual Fuel Generator

Well, I am going to either buy the Champion 2000w (with option to buy a second one later) or the Champion 3400w dual fuel from the git/go.
    I guess I am looking at weight and initial gen need. I don't need 3400 yet, but might down the line.....but untriged about propane use vs gas.

Who has a 3400 dual fuel and used it on propane? Does it work good? Any negative feedback?

Thanks
    Last edited by Rgpracer; 04-19-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had ours for two years and have 200 hours on it. I installed an hour meter when I bought it

I’ve used it on propane and gas and it performs wonderfully. On either fuel we can run either A/C, the 15k or 13.5. Not both of course

We run our Keurig, electric fireplace, etc. it will run the microwave with AC but not in economy mode. Speaking of that feature, its really quiet

Very good genny and maintenance is simple

I understand why some folks prefer two smaller units in parallel but I didn’t want two units to maintain, fuel, etc

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Robert, just the kind of feedback i was wanting.
    Ray
    QUOTE=RobertS377;364155]We’ve had ours for two years and have 200 hours on it. I installed an hour meter when I bought it

I’ve used it on propane and gas and it performs wonderfully. On either fuel we can run either A/C, the 15k or 13.5. Not both of course

We run our Keurig, electric fireplace, etc. it will run the microwave with AC but not in economy mode. Speaking of that feature, its really quiet

I understand why some folks prefer two smaller units in parallel but I didn’t want two units to maintain, fuel, etc[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long thread elsewhere on hear. Many of us have the dual fuel. Slightly less output on propane. We have a pair, and can power everything if need be. Use them at home for storm backup as well.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS377 View Post
    We’ve had ours for two years and have 200 hours on it. I installed an hour meter when I bought it

I understand why some folks prefer two smaller units in parallel but I didn’t want two units to maintain, fuel, etc
    Exactly my experience also when I did not own an on-board generator. My 3400 Champion Dual Fuel uses propane pretty fast, but does the job and is very quiet. I prefer propane to hauling a gas can.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized that the Champion 2000 ALSO comes in "duel fuel"..... anyone used it?
    I'm kinda like Grammy and Grandad?....don't really wanna haul gas.
    Thanks guys.
    Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our Champion 3500w Dual Fuel Generator for over 6 years. We only run it on Propane and it runs either of our A/C units without any problems.

The Generator is very quiet and has been extremely reliable over the years.

I would highly recommend the Champion Generators to anyone.

PS: I think the Champion Generators have been out long enough to prove their reliability and nothing I have seen or read indicates that they are less reliable then the Honda or Yamaha Generators.

PPS: our Generator will never be run on GAS, Propane is just too convenient when you are RVing.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way cool Solarpower.......thanks for the input
    Ray

QUOTE=SolarPoweredRV;364396]We've had our Champion 3500w Dual Fuel Generator for over 6 years. We only run it on Propane and it runs either of our A/C units without any problems.

The Generator is very quiet and has been extremely reliable over the years.

I would highly recommend the Champion Generators to anyone.

PS: I think the Champion Generators have been out long enough to prove their reliability and nothing I have seen or read indicates that they are less reliable then the Honda or Yamaha Generators.

PPS: our Generator will never be run on GAS, Propane is just too convenient when you are RVing.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Westinhouse / Cummins dual fuel 4500. ( Newgen 4500). Quieter than Honda at 52-57 decibels. Remote start as well as push button and recoil so you can turn on or off inside your camper. Great digital info so you don’t have to guess how many hours you’ve run or or when it’s time for an oil change ( important) . 18 hours on gas fill.

Yes it’s 99 lbs but no refilling 2 - 2000 to achieve its power. It’s got wheels and a handle to pull it.

No special start up kit to run air conditioner because the 2000 can’t get past the start up jolt required. Made by a world reliable generator company Cummins/ Westinghouse. Both the Cummins and Westinghouse are the same generators.

We’ve been very happy with ours and had to use it in a power outage of two days at home. Running 18 hrs was a good thing.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had our 3500 less than a year, but very happy with it. Runs the whole trailer as we use it in economy mode. It’ll never see gas unless there is an emergency. Customer service was great when the electric start battery was dead out of the box - and the person helping was located in North America. In my opinion, having not used them side by side, it’s quiet but not as quiet as the little Honda 2000 watt tailgating generators. Servicing is easy because they clearly designed it to be so.

It is heavy enough and bulky enough that it’s a two person lift into the truck bed for average people with vertebrae they want to keep.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast