User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    I have a Brand New 2021 GMC 3500HD AT4 SRW Short Box, it tows incredible, and exhaust brake is awesome. I originally had a 2016 F350 King Ranch Crew Short Box with PSD but it was stolen out of a secure garage in October so had to get a new truck. We have a Montana 3121RL which wights 14,000 loaded and truck had zero issues going to Tennessee and back in and out of the mountains with wind. We use our RV part time, if you are towing bigger then a 351M or full time get a Dually but mine is my daily driver as well so we chose the M351 to replace the Montana based on what the truck can tow as it is just wife and I and our Lab, so this truck has spare payload and towing capacity with the 351.
    Love the look of the new GMCs. The Chevy is SLOWLY growing on me, but not enough to beat the GMC.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54B44142-FF0C-40A4-8822-ED2A1E8A38AA_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	33537

Here is my exact truck, ordered November, built Dec 7th, arrived at dealer just B4 New Years I picked it up 1-2-2021, every option except rear entertainment system.
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 351M-R
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 White Crew Cab Short Box 6.6 Duramax Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    If you're going full-time get a dually and a diesel. You will be heavy. We pull ours with a Ram CTD HO (Cummins turbo diesel, high output) with 4:10 rear end, that truck is a beast.

Red
    Thanks, Red. That makes sense on the full-time impact. Pretty sure we will be going with a diesel dually.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Wicked. I do like the idea of the exhaust brake in the hills.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I can't say how they are from having one, as mine is actually supposed to be built at the factory this week, and hopefully delivered next week. I did look at the 351M, and picked the 320G for me, for several reasons. I am not a fan of the island as it makes it feel smaller in that area. The 351M is two feet longer, so maybe not as much of an issue. The 351M empty weight is about 1,400 lbs heavier, although not sure why, even with the bigger fuel tank, and two extra feet. I am currently a single guy, so I really don't need, or want something bigger (BTDT). Going full time, I would get the biggest that you feel comfortable with.

At least initially, I will be pulling the trailer with my '19 RAM 3500 SRW Diesel short bed. I will be putting on a sidewinder pin box for the clearance on my cab. I should be okay weight wise, as I don't carry much (current bike weighs 450 lbs), and I have a loaded CAT scale rear axle payload of 3,600 lbs. Ideal would be a dually, but if you go SRW, I would suggest at least a long bed, as they have the higher payload, and cab/trailer clearance is not an issue. Diesel all the way. Pulling my current trailer around the Rockies with the diesel is so nice, and the exhaust brake makes downhill a non event. Using the truck lanes at truck stops make life easy on fuel stops.

I would highly suggest getting the upgraded 8K lb axles with the hydraulic brakes. These trailers with a bike, and moderate amount of water, run out of axle weight with the original 7K axles. Also, better brakes is never a bad thing.
    Thanks Wiley. Definitely looking at a longbed for the extra payload and clearance. We were set on the 320G but the extra amenities won out over the length and weight. I hadn't thought about the going with the 8K axles but what you say makes sense.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    We are working on either finding one and ordering a 351-M-R, however I have a new GMC 2021 3500HD AT4 Crew SRW and my payload is 3800 and max tow is 21300, we load very light and only wife, dog, and myself right now our Montana is 2600 so we have safety margin on payload and towing, however that may be different if you have more people and kids.

BTW how did you sell your Jayco? I am trying to sell my 2018 Montana 3121RL on my own as we all know dealers dont offer much on trade, we just listed it on RVTrader
    Facebook marketplace.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We R BOB View Post
    Thanks Wiley. Definitely looking at a longbed for the extra payload and clearance. We were set on the 320G but the extra amenities won out over the length and weight. I hadn't thought about the going with the 8K axles but what you say makes sense.
    x-2 on the 8k axles, Mine only has 4000 miles on it. I've never had over 1500lbs in garage and already have 2 weak springs on kitchen side. Only 1/2 tank generator gas and maybe 10 gals fresh water. all other tanks empty. Same problem on my last Jayco. Jayco replaced them with 8000lb. springs under warranty. I will probably do the same on this one. Maybe GD will help.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toyhaulers are pin heavy so definitely consider the dually.

We have a 350M purchased new in 2016 and our f350 diesel dually does a nice job.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CECDA46-9F74-4E31-8D32-A6F24AB35FFD.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	33628My wife and I love our 2021 351M. Tow with 2019 Ram 3500 SRW, Cummins Diesel. Engine braking with truck is wonderful, especially on 6% + grade out here. Didn’t go DRW due to every day driving, but would if towing more often. Enjoy!
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7Cummins
    2021 351M Momentum

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We R BOB View Post
    Greetings Fellow Momentum Owners. We just sold our house, and will be placing the order on the 351M tomorrow to go full-timing in it. We would certainly appreciate any advice...

Our configuration:
    • Removed the Happi-Jac
    • Added the solar package
    • Added the 3 Season door
    • Added the Rear aluminum Deck system
    • Added the Rear Patio steps

Do you know what your true UVW and hitch weight were after you picked it up, and before you loaded your 'stuff' on it? Was it more, or less, than what the website showed?

We were very undecided between the 320G and the 351M, and ultimately settled on the 351M because we felt it was better quality and offered more amenities. Did anyone else feel this way, or are we totally off base?

How do you feel now about your purchase?

Lastly, for curiosity sake, what are you pulling it with? We are somewhat leaning towards a 1-ton dually, but DW would prefer a SRW. Most likely going with a Ford, but have not completely ruled out Chevy or GMC. Torn between a diesel and a gasser.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    I bought the 320G because I wanted light switches to turn on and off and the outside folding steps.

I did not get the happi jack setup, so I use a folding table and chairs in the garage when I have extra people, also no on board generator. Not yet sure if I like that decision but I do have 2 Honda 2000 watts generators.

I did get dual pane windows, 3rd ac, 2nd side awning and the rear patio deck with 3 season patio doors.

I really like my set up as I can use the garage as a dinning room or just extra living space when no motorcycle is in there.

After I bought the trailer i installed solar, started with 340 watts upgrading to 1020 watts soon, 4 (6) volt batteries that will be upgraded to 412 amp lithium batteries soon, disk brakes with 8k bearing and the wet bearing set up.

I also swapped out the guts of my lp fridge to the 120volt compressor guts with an 800 watt pure shine wave Victron inverter. I do like this setup but if I could have the residential fridge I would do it. Theses big 12-18 cubic fridges are hard to keep cool on hot days.

I do really like my momentum and I’ll be full time RVing this fall. I bought an RV spot in Mission TX as a home base and will sale my sticks and bricks house soon. My plan was to full time RV which is why I bought what I did and upgrades that I’ve done so far.

Best of luck in your new life change, I know I’m looking forward to mine.
    Last edited by mostad; 04-24-2021 at 09:39 PM.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast