Hello,

I searched around for an answer before posting but didn't see anything. I'm new to RVing and this is my first post... So the 2021 21BHE is pre-wired for solar. Inside the pass through there's a 'pre wired solar' container with 2 sets of wires - I assume one runs from the solar port on the roof, and the other to the battery. I checked and indeed one set registered 12.8V on my volt meter so that runs to the battery. I want to add 2 x 100W solar panels, so I bought a 20A charge controller. On the charge controller there are 3 connections - one to solar, one to battery, and one to 'power' the RV components. So my question is, do I need to connect the 'power' (lightbulb icon) on the charge controller? And if so, where do I find these wires? (The technician at the dealer said I wouldn't need a charge controller if I stayed below 190W - but my two panels together are 200W.)

I noticed that fore each set of wires, one is both red and black, and the other is red... wondering why? I assumed the pure red is positive - and the volt meter confirmed that. But why a black/red combo on the same wire, instead of just one black, and one red wire?

Thanks in advance for any help for this newbie.