User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
    New Jersey but we do not mind driving any distance to get a good price, we opted for no Full body paint as it takes too long, also it does not add value to the coach, so 3 years later the cost of the paint is out of the trade in price.
    Based on what your saying here, you seemed to have made a good choice for your situation, as everyones situation is different. you seem to be looking at this from a time frame and monetary perspective. Also you mentioned trade in value, which may indicate this won't be the last RV you'll purchase. When we bought out "Precious" as the DW refers to her, our perspective was that this will be the last (of many) RV's we will purchase. This is for our retirement. We were no going to settle as this is a long term investment, if you will and we wanted her to be sharp and attractive for the long haul. In that sense, FBP suited our desires. We figured when the time comes that we're too old and rickety to RV, FBP would be a desirable asset when we finally sell and move in to the retirement village...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Jersey but we do not mind driving any distance to get a good price, we opted for no Full body paint as it takes too long, also it does not add value to the coach, so 3 years later the cost of the paint is out of the trade in price.
    Sent you a PM.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone think the full body paint is worth it, seems expensive and also will delay the unit we are about to order? I spoke to GD directly and they are 4 months out, with FBP it is more like 5.5 or so?
    They are correct in that time frame. My husband and I ordered a Momentum 397 FBP December 15th. We spoke to GD on Monday and it will be another 2 weeks before delivery to dealership.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to GD this morning 4-23-2021 and lead time for basic 351 is 16 weeks, add FBP and they are already 3 months backlogged, so I asked if I order by 5-1-2021 will I see it by Xmas, his answer was I dont know GD is a little behind, but he said they have units built in January waiting to go to paint. We decided to order ours without Paint, 3rd AC, but we do want the generator which he said should not be an issue
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 351M-R
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 White Crew Cab Short Box 6.6 Duramax Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to GD today as well. We ordered our 395MS with FBP on 2/13. It will be out of production 5/18. However they said to currently expect 12 weeks for FBP. So we are looking at mid August.

If all goes well with that, it will be 6 months from time of order.
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2019 Starcraft Mossy Oak 26BH - Getting ready to sell!
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just ordered our new Solitude 390RK with FBP. We had a previous 5th Wheel which had FBP and when we did trade it in, it totally did make a difference in the value we got having had it. Besides, it really does make the unit stand out!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M-R??

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Sent you a PM.
    Hey there, can someone tell me what the “R” stands for in 351 MR? Not familiar with the R

Thanks
    2011 GMC 2500 SLE Duramax, (sold)
    2020 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 303RLS (sold)
    2022 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmn74 View Post
    Hey there, can someone tell me what the “R” stands for in 351 MR? Not familiar with the R

Thanks
    R= Residential fridge.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Grid Extraordinaire View Post
    LazyDays is full of you know what. I just put a deposit down & placed an order for a 381M-R about 3 weeks ago and got 29.3% off MSRP. This is also off of a 2021 model, I learned that i'm actually getting a 2022 for that price. I initially was talking to a guy from the LazyDays internet sales team, he had to email me the build sheet, I had to check off the options I wanted... emailed it back... like we are in the stone age... I literally went to another dealer's website, punched in all the options I wanted and got an emailed quote (which was the 29.3% off MSRP) WHILE i was still on the phone with this guy... Then it took a day later to hear back from this guy at LazyDays when I asked if he could come close to that price only to find out he had to run the numbers up the chain to some sales fairy.

Some dealers just don't get how modern business works.
    @Off Grid Extraordinaire ; Can you send me the dealer that gave you 29% please? My local will only go to 20% so I told them I’m shopping it out of state. I can get it anywhere. Doesn’t matter to me for the right deal.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to GD this morning 4-23-2021 and lead time for basic 351 is 16 weeks, add FBP and they are already 3 months backlogged, so I asked if I order by 5-1-2021 will I see it by Xmas, his answer was I dont know GD is a little behind, but he said they have units built in January waiting to go to paint. We decided to order ours without Paint, 3rd AC, but we do want the generator which he said should not be an issue
    So we ordered our 349 with full body paint and the order went to GD on November 9th, it just showed up at the dealer today (5/5/21) so 25 weeks roughly from order date. We also got the 3rd AC and 8k axles/disc brakes and generator, help our breath that all those things would actually be in stock when it was built. The way things are going Christmas might be tight, seems like more material/component shortages now then ever. FWIW our build date was March 18th so another six weeks for paint, return for completing it and shipping.

It was tough waiting that long but looking at the pics the dealer just sent me I know it was worth it!
    2021 Momentum 349M
    Full Body Paint, 8K Axles, 20k Reese Goosebox
    2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 3500 SRW
    Mountain Bikes and Dirt Jumpers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast