Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post

And then there is the consent thing. If the owners of Walmart, Flying-J, etc. give there permission for an vehicle to spend the night in their lot and it's not prohibited by other local ordinances then would this law apply? I have traveled many places where signs are posted in parking lots: "No overnight parking".

After actually reading the thing I believe it's intended as a tool for local law enforcement to move people who are destitute to some other location. While it "could" apply to RV'ers and truckers, I doubt it will ever be used for that because of the consent clause.
We have made a habit of calling ahead to Walmarts the few times we have overnighted in one. Calling ahead and get permission was well as where the preferred area of where to park of that store is. One time we were told to park near the rear of the store right near a sign that said no camping. No one bothered us, got a good night's sleep and off we went in the morning. Just guessing here .... The designated area may be a sign to local law enforcement that permission was granted.

Having the permission might make the difference in the way this is law is written.