User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200 Watt Off Grid Portable Foldable Solar Panel Suitcase

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable solar panel suitcase.

I have been looking at a "Renogy 200 Watt Off Grid Portable Foldable Solar Panel Suitcase Built-in Kickstand with Waterproof 20A Charger Controller, 200W-Waterproof" but I'm way over my head and not sure on what to get. I was hoping that maybe some of you might have insight/experience on what to get.

I have a Rig with 2 lithium batteries and would like something other than my Inverter Generator that I keep in the truck, to keep them charged during the day.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    We have a new 2021 2500RL that we purchased from Lazydays in Tucson.
    Pull it with a 2021 Ford F-150 Crew Cab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost with Max Trailer set up with 3.55 Trans.
    Hensley Arrow Hitch system.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable solar panel suitcase.

I have been looking at a "Renogy 200 Watt Off Grid Portable Foldable Solar Panel Suitcase Built-in Kickstand with Waterproof 20A Charger Controller, 200W-Waterproof" but I'm way over my head and not sure on what to get. I was hoping that maybe some of you might have insight/experience on what to get.

I have a Rig with 2 lithium batteries and would like something other than my Inverter Generator that I keep in the truck, to keep them charged during the day.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    Renogy is a good company. Just make sure the charge controller can be configure for LiFePO batteries.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does. Thanks for responding.
    Pull it with a 2021 Ford F-150 Crew Cab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost with Max Trailer set up with 3.55 Trans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you hail from New Mexico....do you know when this year they will have their National Hot Air Balloon Celebration?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Since you hail from New Mexico....do you know when this year they will have their National Hot Air Balloon Celebration?
    October. First two weeks. Unless they cancel it again this year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Renogy 200 watt suitcase. Love it. Will fully charge my Renogy 200ah hybrid gel in 4-5 hours of sun. Controller shows about 13 amps in full sun.

Last edited by TerryH; 04-20-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of my friends have had issues with Renogy products so I rank them no better than the average ones.
    Their suitcase model seems like a durable unit using THEIR best panels. Their are much more efficient ones for permanent install but Renogy is one of only which makes these portable set ups.

This does not come with a controller so you should purchase one. Look at the Zamp 180 suitcase model. A little more expensive but has the built in controller. E pe t to get possibly 40-50 amps a day into the lithium’s based on 5 hours .

Spending $600 IMHO is expensive. For twice the bank for your buck you could install much more. I got two Newapower 200 watt panels and top of the line controller for less than you are paying. Twice the power and no set up and charges constantly even when I’m driving.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Many of my friends have had issues with Renogy products so I rank them no better than the average ones.
    Their suitcase model seems like a durable unit using THEIR best panels. Their are much more efficient ones for permanent install but Renogy is one of only which makes these portable set ups.

This does not come with a controller so you should purchase one. Look at the Zamp 180 suitcase model. A little more expensive but has the built in controller. E pe t to get possibly 40-50 amps a day into the lithium’s based on 5 hours .

Spending $600 IMHO is expensive. For twice the bank for your buck you could install much more. I got two Newapower 200 watt panels and top of the line controller for less than you are paying. Twice the power and no set up and charges constantly even when I’m driving.
    The 200 watt suitcase has a built in 20 amp controller. Worth the $400 to me.

https://www.renogy.com/200-watt-12-v...olar-suitcase/
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    We have the Renogy 200 watt suitcase. Love it. Will fully charge my Renogy 200ah hybrid gel in 4-5 hours of sun. Controller shows about 13 amps in full sun.

The top rating in full sun according to Renogy is 10.3 amp. Not sure how you are able to eek out 13. Maybe you controller is a bit off. What kind do you have?

Getting 10.5 amps out of 200 watt panel is really good and shows the panel is good quality but it is only possible for a couple hours in optimum no shading conditions.

I’m not doubting that the panels aren’t a great idea and a good product , I just don’t think getting 13 ah consistently is realistic unless you are in the dessert so one should temper their expectations on how much this product will deliver in your conditions and the way you use it.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    The top rating in full sun according to Renogy is 10.3 amp. Not sure how you are able to eek out 13. Maybe you controller is a bit off. What kind do you have?

Getting 10.5 amps out of 200 watt panel is really good and shows the panel is good quality but it is only possible for a couple hours in optimum no shading conditions.

I’m not doubting that the panels aren’t a great idea and a good product , I just don’t think getting 13 ah consistently is realistic unless you are in the dessert so one should temper their expectations on how much this product will deliver in your conditions and the way you use it.
    The suitcase comes with their 5 stage 20 amp controller. Was showing 12.9 amps in the configuration in the picture.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast