User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Under Sub-Floor

Was going to post in the Imagine group but thought this may not be a model line specific problem. We were getting ready to take our 2021 2970RL back to storage and notice water leaking from under the trailer. I found there was water trapped between the underside of the floor and the sheeting between the frame and outside of trailer. It was under the pass through storage door. I've attached a picture as it is hard to explain. It wasn't the coroplast but the 'Tyvek Type' sheeting that is under the front and outside the frame rails.

I had to cut a small hole in the sheeting to drain the water. Then resealed with a piece of duct tape.

We did wash the trailer and did have a couple of days with heavy rain and we did wash the trailer. Has anyone encountered this? When we bring it back home I'm going to inspect all the seams to be sure everything is sealed/caulked. I did check around the pass through door and around the molding above the skirting. But knowing how water travels not sure where it could have come from.

I was also wondering what the bottom of the subfloor is or looks like. Not sure if I need to remove the full sheeting to dry out and replace with something else. But obviously I need to find where the water is getting in or it will continue to repeat the pooling water.

This picture is taken looking forward. On the left is the frame rail and at the front is the very first cross member right behind the tongue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PoolingWater-2970RL (2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	29940
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PoolingWater-2970RL.jpg  
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is definitely not good! Water will rot the OSB flooring material and promote mold growth. Everything should be thoroughly dried out before being resealed (that could be several days with fans on it). It's imperative that you figure out how the water got in there (pressure from washing? Faulty compartment door gasket?) and remedy that. If you suspect the compartment door gasket (and the compartment is large enough), you can get in and have someone close the door and shine a bright light around the edges of the door while you look for light leaks. If it's coming from another source, that might be harder to figure out. Whether or not you have to replace the OSB flooring will depend on the quantity of water, how long it sat there, and how well it gets dried out before the OSB starts softening. If it's the door gasket, you may have recourse through your warranty on everything.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah water sucks! My thought was to remove the protective sheet by cutting it out. But I will have to replace it with something to protect the underside from road debris and weather.

Anyone have suggestions on what to put back under for protection?

And is the subfloor made from OSB?
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you determine the source of water? And what was the remedy? I have similar find.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonandkimv View Post
    Did you determine the source of water? And what was the remedy? I have similar find.
    I don't know for sure but I am pretty confident the water intrusion came through the pass through door frame screws. They were all put in at bad angles and were not sealed. Water could have definitely run in through the hole. I took out all the screws in the bottom of the door frame and put in silicone. Then put the screw back in and then topped it off with silicone. I also did around the strike plate and the screws holding the strike plate in. Did this on both doors. I've included a couple of before pictures. I did this to all screws along the bottom and the first screws up each side of the passthrough frame.

Since doing this I have had no more water intrusion. In the pictures you can see the marks around the screws where water was standing. I'm pretty sure that water went right down the screw.

Name:	2020-10-05_12-43-34.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	33516

Name:	2020-10-05_12-44-24.jpg 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	33517
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll start there.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I don't know for sure but I am pretty confident the water intrusion came through the pass through door frame screws. They were all put in at bad angles and were not sealed. Water could have definitely run in through the hole. I took out all the screws in the bottom of the door frame and put in silicone. Then put the screw back in and then topped it off with silicone. I also did around the strike plate and the screws holding the strike plate in. Did this on both doors. I've included a couple of before pictures. I did this to all screws along the bottom and the first screws up each side of the passthrough frame.

Since doing this I have had no more water intrusion. In the pictures you can see the marks around the screws where water was standing. I'm pretty sure that water went right down the screw.

Name:	2020-10-05_12-43-34.jpg 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	33516

Name:	2020-10-05_12-44-24.jpg 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	33517
    I had water seeping in through the latch plate as pictured. The rubber gasket was not sealing. Removed and placed silicone underneath the latch. No issues in a year.