Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 221RB Fridge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

221RB Fridge

Recently picked up new 2021 221RB and really love it but discovered (sorry did not notice in walkthrough) fridge door swings right to left so when slide is closed I cannot get into it. So thinking it was just an oops, I contacted Dealer, they contacted Grand Design which indicated that it should be Left to Right, and asked dealer to confirm with me that mine was different. I confirmed and now dealer is saying Grand Design (Original Person there was a Joe Charles) says that's normal.

No I know by reading the manual for fridge I can switch this myself but since it seems a normal build on a 221RB is to be Left to Right I would have expected dealer to tell me to come in and they'd flip it.

So question for those more experienced is this kind of normal and I am on my own or is there an escalation process I should chase?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should contact GD directly for the definitive answer. Do not trust the dealer to give you accurate information.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch1961 View Post
    Recently picked up new 2021 221RB and really love it but discovered (sorry did not notice in walkthrough) fridge door swings right to left so when slide is closed I cannot get into it. So thinking it was just an oops, I contacted Dealer, they contacted Grand Design which indicated that it should be Left to Right, and asked dealer to confirm with me that mine was different. I confirmed and now dealer is saying Grand Design (Original Person there was a Joe Charles) says that's normal.

No I know by reading the manual for fridge I can switch this myself but since it seems a normal build on a 221RB is to be Left to Right I would have expected dealer to tell me to come in and they'd flip it.

So question for those more experienced is this kind of normal and I am on my own or is there an escalation process I should chase?
    Unlikely the dealer is going to volunteer any sort of work without authorization from Grand Design. They are unlike car dealerships - their loyalty to you ended when you drove the rig off the lot.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch1961 View Post

You stated the that the manual says 'you' can switch the side the door opens. If you are capable of doing this work I would recommend you do it yourself. Not sure if you are aware, but dealers are always backed up. While it seems this one could be done in 10 minutes that is not how RV dealer service centers. Your RV will most likely end up sitting there for weeks for a 10 minute job. IMHO

I would make the switch myself.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas