User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ATTN electric car gurus

I admit I know very little about electric cars. But my question is, if I were to stop for the night and there was an electric car charging station, is there a way to plug an RV into it for power? Yeah, I know if it worked and somebody with an electric car wanted to charge up, they wouldn't be too happy...
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    I admit I know very little about electric cars. But my question is, if I were to stop for the night and there was an electric car charging station, is there a way to plug an RV into it for power? Yeah, I know if it worked and somebody with an electric car wanted to charge up, they wouldn't be too happy...
    As far as I know, it's a completely different plug. It doesn't match either a 30 or 50 amp port on the RV.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knew? Here's a pretty good layman's run-down on the types of EV charging stations:

https://www.nrdc.org/experts/patrici...e-charging-101

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt know there were different levels of charging. $30 to use a fast charger for 200 miles sounds terrible, I imagine for a top-off of the battery it's not so bad.

As for bothering other EV owners having your camper parked there....just need the proper sticker on your RV like this person in the truck. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210110-130434_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	33541

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156138844_3680379388664625_3010304201676282998_o.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	33576

Because you never know
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part the answer is no, the EV plugs and voltages are different, however, there are some EV charging stations that have a 220v NEMA (14-30 or 14-50) outlet near the charging stations to allow EV owners to use the chargers that came with the car.

The NEMA 14-30 outlet won't work because it is a 240v outlet, however the NEMA 14-50 outlet is the same outlet used for Shore Power and it is 240v.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could if you had the right kind of adapter... question is why would you... the charging stations are not free and they charge by the minute to be connected in most cases... Did you think charging stations are free?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSchooner View Post
    You could if you had the right kind of adapter... question is why would you... the charging stations are not free and they charge by the minute to be connected in most cases... Did you think charging stations are free?
    No, I did not think they were free. We are looking into staying in a downtown area for a night or two and thought if we needed the AC for a couple of hours that may be an option. I know you are thinking, where the heck are you going to park a trailer in a downtown area. Well, downtown Charleston, SC has RV parking in one of their parking garages. see: https://www.campendium.com/mary-street-parking-garage. But I was thinking if it is hot out and we need to cool down the RV for a couple of hours, then maybe a charging station would work. FYI- there are NO hookups at the parking garage linked above.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"