User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 350M carrying weight questions

I am hoping to put a Side by Side in my garage that weighs close to two thousand pounds. If so, how much more weight can I add to the trailer for clothes, water, gasoline, etc??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

If I were to change the axles out to 8K, could I add another two thousand pounds??

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you weighed the trailer on a CAT scale or something similar. It's hard to say how much more weight you can add, if you don't know how much it presently weighs WITHOUT the SXS being added. If memory serves me correctly, the GVWR of that trailer is 16,500.....and the advertised empty weight is like 13,500, so depending on how much weight you have already added....or will add before you load the SXS, that will be your answer.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will be right at or over max axle weights for the trailer. With my fuel tanks full, no water and my Harley touring bike in the garage, I was 13,100 on the rear axles. There is a weight sticker in my garage but I do not remember what the recommended max garage weight is. I assume a 2017 351M has 7k axles. Whatever weight is leftover from your axles can go to remaining over all GVWR. You definitely need to make a trip to the scales.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    You will be right at or over max axle weights for the trailer. With my fuel tanks full, no water and my Harley touring bike in the garage, I was 13,100 on the rear axles. There is a weight sticker in my garage but I do not remember what the recommended max garage weight is. I assume a 2017 351M has 7k axles. Whatever weight is leftover from your axles can go to remaining over all GVWR. You definitely need to make a trip to the scales.
    Question for you--How does the turning radius on the 450 vs a 350?? Would you buy another 450??

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Question for you--How does the turning radius on the 450 vs a 350?? Would you buy another 450??
    I would definitely buy another 450 just for the turning radius. That was the number one reason for it. I watched videos on the u-turn comparisons between the 2 and knowing the trucks grew in length in 2017, I did not want to deal with back and forth in parking lots. The new 10 speeds have a better engine braking system and get about 3-4mpg better than my 6spd.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar