User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varies a lot by region, and by model. Some trailers are easier to get a nice discount on, especially the more expensive ones. I had to work at it to get 15% off MSRP on our Transcend. A number of dealers just flat out told me no (all but the one I bought from, checked up to 500 miles), and I gave every one of them the opportunity to beat the lowest price and get my business. Still had to drive a couple hundred miles to pick it up.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the dealer mentioned has a reputation in the area. But here is some food for thought to those that are buying and want that huge % of MSRP. If a dealer's business model is based on selling 100 units per month and now they can only GET 50-75 units per month from the manufacturer to sell it only makes since that their % of MSRP is not going to be as high as it was when they could GET 100 units to sell.

I'm just throwing numbers out and I don't know how the RV sales industry works; but simple economics and math tells us that if someone has less product to sell but the same expenses then they need to charge more for the product they can sell. All I can say is these are crazy times and I am so glad we purchased our trailer when we did.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer never loses money, that much you can bet on. They generally do just fine. When they have really good discounts, it's almost always because the manufacturer is doing incentives. Right now GD isn't really doing incentives, so that tightens the margins considerably.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finally had a local dealer get back to me here in Mesa, AZ on ordering a 350G...MSRP $111,677 with sale price of $93,860 so a little less than 16% off MSRP. Still seems a bit high and similar to what Lazydays in Tucson quoted me on one that have arriving next month but doesn't have everything we want. Purchased my previous trailer from this dealer so not sure how to approach it since this would be the first time ordering.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pecora55 View Post
    Just finally had a local dealer get back to me here in Mesa, AZ on ordering a 350G...MSRP $111,677 with sale price of $93,860 so a little less than 16% off MSRP. Still seems a bit high and similar to what Lazydays in Tucson quoted me on one that have arriving next month but doesn't have everything we want. Purchased my previous trailer from this dealer so not sure how to approach it since this would be the first time ordering.
    We bought our 29G from Little Dealer late last year. I contacted every GD dealer in AZ and they had the best price from the start on the new trailer and our trade in. I was still able to get them to come down on price and up the trade in price but it took me a few months of back and forth. We got ours for around 22% off MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    The dealer never loses money, that much you can bet on. They generally do just fine. When they have really good discounts, it's almost always because the manufacturer is doing incentives. Right now GD isn't really doing incentives, so that tightens the margins considerably.
    Please let me know when ANY RV manufacturer does incentives.

Once it's on our lot, they are paid, and couldn't care less.

Dealer incentives are non existent in the RV industry.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Please let me know when ANY RV manufacturer does incentives.

Once it's on our lot, they are paid, and couldn't care less.

Dealer incentives are non existent in the RV industry.
    Interesting, thanks for the data point. I had it explained to me by another dealer manager that there typically are incentives, but not in the recent past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased from Delmarva RV in Milford. They were easy to deal with, and only a short wait for a warranty repair. There are lots of nice places to stay on Delmarva. Several nice state parks in Delaware and plenty of campgrounds in the Chincoteague area,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a sellers market right now. Dealers are riding this wave as long as they can because of high demand and low days supply. We heard that one major manufacturer will have a 13% price increase coming in the near future. I'm glad we bought our new FW when we did. I got the unit we wanted at a very fair price.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm from Northern California and I shopped all over the western states, CA, AZ, UT, ID for a 2021 337RLS. The best price I could get was 18% off list. Some dealers were only coming back at 5% off. The bright side is I sold my 2018 Rockwood for 6k more than I thought I would get. I've bought new RV's in the past and have always managed to get a minimum of 25% to 30% off. We are in some strange times.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast