Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does This Work Void Warranty?

Hello GD management and fellow GD lovers. I'm wanting to install SeeLevel II tank sensors on all tanks, a swirling vent stack top, a fantastic fan, and pump accumulator. The two roof jobs require careful removal of the Dicor, mounting, and resealing with Dicor. I've done this on a previous RV. The SeeLevel II gages stick onto the tanks and the dummy leads clip onto the SeeLevel II sensor. Also, did this on last RV. No cutting needed, but I'd have to remove the underbelly cover screws to access. Also, easier mods include the accumulator, anti-knock mods in the pass-through are something I'd like to do. Could someone please advise me if there are issues with doing any of these mods with relation to the warranty. I am very confident in my ability to do them. If I can do them, where are the tanks located? The freshwater tank especially. I can only fathom the grays/black right below pass-through and potentially at the very back with all the other space seemingly taken. Lastly, if they don't void the warranty, may I post pics of the mods I do in this forum? Thanks for consideration.

Brent

Edit: Advice changed to Advise, duh. I do get the quite/quiet one right most of the time!
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brent,

All upgrades that I would be interested in !

My sense of the "affect on warranty" comes down to whether a modification that you make has any interaction with what needs warranty. I can't see where any of the things you have planned would interact with anything that you might claim warranty on. Grand Design warranty is only one year, so many owners are out of, or coming to the end of, their warranty coverage.

Grand Design participates in, but does not own, this forum. I don't think you need their permission to post details of your projects. There are many in this group who will be really interested in your improvements.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

scott42blue
    Good advice and as usual well written.
    Scott

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I hear you buddy. I'd just hate to have a public record defining me as the idiot that voided a warranty. For example, warranty may be denied if a fix is questionable to a leak possibly being from the fantastic fan vs somewhere else. I don't know. I'm often overly cautious. If you guys feel it's ok, I'm going to move on these and more. I'll post as I go with pics. While I'm in there, I'll snap shots of anything else I think might be of interest.
    Brent & Gina
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brent,

All of the things on your "list" have occurred to me. I am new to RVs, but have spent decades doing things like this on RV size boats. One of the first things I noticed is "why is there no accumulator in the water system?" On my boat, I can wash all the dishes and the pump comes on twice. The remote control fantastic fan is probably on the top of my wish list. Just today, I was internet searching . . . how to I get the old one out without damaging the roof membrane? Sounds like you know how to do this. I would like to learn. It drives me nuts that the tank level gauges don't work . . . and everyone accepts this! There are other threads on this forum with my questions about why this is.

I've suggested a couple of times that this forum needs a photo album of component and project pictures and descriptions. There is lots if valuable info, but it is spread all over the forum. Can one of us establish a photo album that others can add too ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Brent,

All of the things on your "list" have occurred to me. I am new to RVs, but have spent decades doing things like this on RV size boats. One of the first things I noticed is "why is there no accumulator in the water system?" On my boat, I can wash all the dishes and the pump comes on twice. The remote control fantastic fan is probably on the top of my wish list. Just today, I was internet searching . . . how to I get the old one out without damaging the roof membrane? Sounds like you know how to do this. I would like to learn. It drives me nuts that the tank level gauges don't work . . . and everyone accepts this! There are other threads on this forum with my questions about why this is.

I've suggested a couple of times that this forum needs a photo album of component and project pictures and descriptions. There is lots if valuable info, but it is spread all over the forum. Can one of us establish a photo album that others can add too ?

Rob
    Rob,
    I am sure game on both topics. Where would it go? RV model specific? That's likely a good spot. I'll add to both once I know where they're located. I already YouTube garden stuff so I'm pretty used to snapping pics and taking video/processing it. Was on blogger, but now will YouTube my RV adventures as well. I really enjoy looking back at times. Good reference with my sometimes poor memory and a place for kids to peek in on me. I've looked into the bay already (behind the wall). I see 3 of the 4 tanks. I see plenty of space to work the water pump stuff and other things. I see the plumbing and vent stack routing. The two gray tanks might not be exactly level (sorta close) so that might be an issue in using the valve to fully utilize the gray capacity. Underbelly cover seems simple to access. I think I'm going to go for it. I'll post the processes.

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brent,

Since we have exactly the same trailers . . . I expect our problem solutions will be very similar .
    There is easily room for an accumulator in the "plumbing basement". The plumbing around the Kantleak valve is complex . . . to say the least. Might be a good time to clean up some of this too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1903

Views:	77 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	1904

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - what is an accumulator, appreciate pics & info.

Thx
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    Hello GD management and fellow GD lovers. I'm wanting to install SeeLevel II tank sensors on all tanks, a swirling vent stack top, a fantastic fan, and pump accumulator. The two roof jobs require careful removal of the Dicor, mounting, and resealing with Dicor. I've done this on a previous RV. The SeeLevel II gages stick onto the tanks and the dummy leads clip onto the SeeLevel II sensor. Also, did this on last RV. No cutting needed, but I'd have to remove the underbelly cover screws to access. Also, easier mods include the accumulator, anti-knock mods in the pass-through are something I'd like to do. Could someone please advise me if there are issues with doing any of these mods with relation to the warranty. I am very confident in my ability to do them. If I can do them, where are the tanks located? The freshwater tank especially. I can only fathom the grays/black right below pass-through and potentially at the very back with all the other space seemingly taken. Lastly, if they don't void the warranty, may I post pics of the mods I do in this forum? Thanks for consideration.

Brent

Edit: Advice changed to Advise, duh. I do get the quite/quiet one right most of the time!
    Hi Brent (@Brent M),

Please add your 17-digit RV VIN to the "About Me" section of your forum profile. We use that information when researching posted questions and concerns. Thanks in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Rob - what is an accumulator, appreciate pics & info.

Thx
    John
    Hi John,

An accumulator is also sometimes called a pressure tank. With one of these plumbed into the pressure side of the on board pump, when the pump comes on it will run for longer until it fills the pressure tank and then stay shut off while the pressure tank supplies water until pressure drops to the pump turn on pressure again. This is good for the pump, since it does not cycle on and off every time a tap is opened. This is a common system on residential well water systems (and on boats).

Views:	30 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	1909

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast