User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Springs that Guide Electrical Wires

I didn't know what else to call them, but these are the long springs under the slides that electrical wires are tie strapped to. They help guide the electrical wires when the slides are closed. Anyway since we spent a couple months on the gulf coast near sea water I noticed some rust and corrosion starting, most notably in the jack feet pans and the springs under the slides that guide the wires.

I was at a lumber yard the other day, Sutherlands, like a Lowes or HD. I found these springs they call handy man springs. They are almost the exact same size as the original ones. I bought two, $3.95 each, as spares just in case ours break due to rust. They are 9/16 by 16.5 inches by .054. They extend very easy and not really stiff like a screen door spring.

As a side note I was doing a google search and found the slide propane line flap guide that the propane lines are strapped to. It was a complete replacement kit including the flap, tie straps, pivot shaft and such. I don't think this guide is as prone to rust and corrosion due to it being mostly plastic, but nice to know a replacement kits exists in the RV aftermarket. I would have posted a link for this guide but I forgot to save it.

Thought I would share,
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2586.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI, GD used to use (maybe still does on some) the plastic ones you describe but they were prone to breaking (mine have cracked 3 times - fixed with hinges.) Hopefully the springs hold up well.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had one damaged by a China Bomb tire failure. They are also available on Amazon. Thanks for the pics with the part #.