Tried to do the dimmer switch upgrade but it wouldn't work for me as shown on our ceiling lights.
I have the correct parts and for some reason our wiring colors are different than the pics and videos on this upgrade.
We have one red and two brown wires going to the blue ceiling light switch on our unit. I had previously disconnected the white wire to eliminate the annoying blue always on beacon and all was well.
I purchased the dimmer and switch plate to do this simple install.
But no matter how I try to hook it up the lights stay on when connected to the dimmer.
I tried the red and white wire on the dimmer tied together and connected to the red camper wire and the black dimmer wire connected to the camper brown. No luck the lights will fully illuminate even when the dimmer is rotated off and no matter what position it is.
Tried reversing the red and white to the brown camper wires, and same thing occurred.
Tried to connect just the red dimmer wire to the red camper wire and the black to the browns,same thing.
I then wired the same dimmer switch to the awning light wires as shown and it worked great. "Awning light wires from camper were the same colors as in the pics. But i don't want a dimmer on the awing lights just need them on our interior ceiling lights.
Now I had worked on RV's for a Dealer years ago and understand D.C. circuits and also AC circuits and differences in color codes.
Just puzzling why ours is different than the ones shown in the videos and pictures on this site.
I know it's a simple issue causing the problem but can't seen to find a schematic for our unit, much less something that tells me color codes for the wiring.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My guess is that the lights are wired hot and the on off switch is just completing the ground?
Thanks in advance.