User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Below Freezing Temps tonight

Well, after a successful de-winterization and first camping trip of the season under my belt, the temps here in Western, NY are going down to 25 degrees overnight. Since I don't have time to blow the lines out or put in antifreeze today, I turned on my furnace and set the temp to 40 degrees. Just to keep things in the underbelly above freezing. Would this temp be high enough or should I raise it some?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually set mine at 45 when unattended - the basement sometimes will run 8 or so degrees below the interior. A lot depends on the winds, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had mine set at 50 for the week in February that we had the big Texas freezeout. Mine is stored inside but in a non heated storage room. When it got down to 9-10 degrees at night the trailer stayed at 50 inside and 65 inside the Nautilus cabinet! Left the tank heaters on too but probably weren't needed. You'll burn a little more propane set at 45-50 but if it's outside it's good insurance.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading the posts here, I decided to turn up the heat to 45 degrees and I also emptied my hot water tank. It has been in the mid 20's here since 10pm last night. I've used 1/4 tank of propane according to my Mopeka sensors. Small price to pay to keep damage from happening. Later today it's supposed to get up to 35 so I'll turn the furnace off until the temps dip again tonight, then run it overnight again. By tomorrow morning, I should be out of the woods. Thanks everyone.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emptied my water heater, blew the lines out, and emptied the tanks. I also put my trouble light w/ a 40W bulb in the hookup center on the water pump, filled the traps with washer fluid (didn't have any RV antifreeze left) and have an electric heater set to 40 degrees with the cabinet doors open.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an electric heater in the basement and one inside both set at 50.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I have an electric heater in the basement and one inside both set at 50.
    Eastern Ohio here. We also went down to 25 degrees last night. I keep the thermostat at 40 degrees and stays right at 40 in the rig. I keep the outdoor sensor for the weather station in the wet bay. It is usually warmer then the thermostat setting in the basement.

Brian
    Brian & Shea+ Zeke & Roxy GSP’s
    2018 GD Reflection 303RLS 800w solar 400ah LiFePO4
    Sold 2018 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat gas 2,980# payload
    2024 Ford F-350 4x4 CCSB Lariat diesel 4,000# payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    After reading the posts here, I decided to turn up the heat to 45 degrees and I also emptied my hot water tank. It has been in the mid 20's here since 10pm last night. I've used 1/4 tank of propane according to my Mopeka sensors. Small price to pay to keep damage from happening. Later today it's supposed to get up to 35 so I'll turn the furnace off until the temps dip again tonight, then run it overnight again. By tomorrow morning, I should be out of the woods. Thanks everyone.
    Rob - all well after the overnight freeze? I plan to de-winterize the lines this weekend and get everything ready for the season. I had been hoping to get out sometime in April, but hasn't happened. Maybe this week with the temperature on Wednesday getting to 80
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    Rob - all well after the overnight freeze? I plan to de-winterize the lines this weekend and get everything ready for the season. I had been hoping to get out sometime in April, but hasn't happened. Maybe this week with the temperature on Wednesday getting to 80
    I don't know yet. We're getting below freezing again tonight so I'm leaving the hot water tank drained and will be turning the furnace on again this evening when the temps get close to 32. I'll let you know tomorrow sometime when I hook up water and check the lines and pump.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We leave Monday on a 6-week trip. I need to re-fill the system & check it for leaks since no sub-freezing temp are in the forecast.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast