User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no experience with this sort of thing. However I have my warranty work done by a local RV repair facility and not the dealer who is farther away. Independent RV repair shops seem to be more responsive to customer concerns. Having to leave your RV with the dealer or lose your place it the queue is not required by my local RV repair service. The only time my trailer is at his shop is when they are diagnosing the problem or making repairs. I would certainly try and find a closer independent RV repair shop if the dealer was 100 miles away.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    But wouldn’t the other manufacturers that the dealer sells ,which I am sure is many, be just as responsible since it was a dealer error and nothing to do with Grand Design and it being a trailer they build?
    If dealers were “Grand Design” dealers like car companies are then I would agree they have some responsibility

Anyway. Done with this thread. I just don’t believe this has anything to do with Grand Design

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    They ARE GD dealers! GD does not own them, but they are privileged to carry their product at GD's pleasure! That privilege can be pulled at any time!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan S854 View Post
    I’ll play devils advocate...

There are two separate issues I see... first is the rat... unless the dealer opened the door and threw the rat in there (and how could you prove that?) this appears to be what is colloquially know as an Act of God... I.e. would the dealer be responsible for the hail storm that came through and tore the roof up and broke several windows allowing rain water to damage the interior? Probably not unless they put in writing they would keep it under cover...

Second issue is the idiocy that is the dealer opening up the trailer and allowing rain water inside... this looks to be an obvious oversight on their part... there was no due diligence in mitigating water damage... I’m wondering how many employees there saw what was happening and decided to do nothing...

Regardless of how one looks at it it’s a heartbreaking story.
    Hi Ivan,
    I disagree on your first point. Why would they take this person’s property, agree to keep it safe from harm, theft or damage, then leave it out in the rain in a major state of disassembly. Even if started in nice weather, when it started to rain, they could have moved or covered it, not that it would have helped the underside.

Additionally, with the entire bottom end opened up to the ground they did effectively leave the door open for any animal to enter. Easily climb up the insulation and chloroplast right into the openings in the floor.

Multiple levels of neglect.

I do agree that this is heartbreaking. I really hope this dealer does right by the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a claim on your insurance. Let them figure out who owes them, they owe you a total on your trailer. This is exactly why you buy insurance.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsm102 View Post
    Hi all.

We have a 2021 381M we dropped off for routine servie and warranty work in mid-January. I was told the trailer would sit for a month before being worked on, and I had no choice but to leave the trailer with the dealer or I would lose my spot in the service queue.
    Sorry to hear about all the problems but this is the part I don't understand. Why would you have to take your trailer to the dealer a month in advance. A day or two I could understand but a month is more time then they should need to do routine service work and a few minor warranty repairs. Even with major warranty repairs why would you need to drop it off early?
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP, what is the latest status on this?
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Sorry to hear about all the problems but this is the part I don't understand. Why would you have to take your trailer to the dealer a month in advance. A day or two I could understand but a month is more time then they should need to do routine service work and a few minor warranty repairs. Even with major warranty repairs why would you need to drop it off early?
    Don't know OPs situation, but our dealer, when we had to bring our rig in for warranty work, required us to bring it in a week early, just to join the queue to get in the service bay. Now, that was 4 years ago. I would think things are tougher now, getting in and work done in a timely manner.

Biggest reason we don't use the dealer for work now.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, they did a lot of damage in your unit I really hope that it get taken can of quickly.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where you live but the dealers name and location would be great info to have

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmithrr View Post
    I think that you will find that insurance does not cover rodent damage.
    I have an extra rider on my policy that covers infestation damage.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast