Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rockford fosgate subwoofer power connection

I just got a Momentum 395MS-R less than a week ago. In testing everything out I found that the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer is not working. there does not appear to be power on the Red/white power cable. does anyone know where this power cable connects to get power? I have tried to contact the dealer but no return call.

Allen

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenRender View Post
    I just got a Momentum 395MS-R less than a week ago. In testing everything out I found that the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer is not working. there does not appear to be power on the Red/white power cable. does anyone know where this power cable connects to get power? I have tried to contact the dealer but no return call.

Allen
    Have you played with the adjustments near the radio? If I remember, there are knobs for bass gain...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subwoofer with no power

Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Have you played with the adjustments near the radio? If I remember, there are knobs for bass gain...
    I have done all that, and turned up the SUB volume; however I checked with a multimeter and there is no power on the power plug to the subwoofer. I am thinking that there is a fuse blown on the other end of the power cable but I have no Idea where it goes.

Allen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done all that, and turned up the SUB volume; however I checked with a multimeter and there is no power on the power plug to the subwoofer. I am thinking that there is a fuse blown on the other end of the power cable but I have no Idea where it goes.

Allen
    Allen, did you find the fuse? I have exactly the same issue and can not find the fuse. I applied 12v from another source and verified everything else is working including the sub itself. I want to use the factory wire as I know it is the right gauge.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne1 View Post
    Allen, did you find the fuse? I have exactly the same issue and can not find the fuse. I applied 12v from another source and verified everything else is working including the sub itself. I want to use the factory wire as I know it is the right gauge.
    I have not but I believe it is behind the radio just above My Fireplace. Since I have a warranty still I am going to let the dealer repair it when they install my generator.

Allen Render

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the Einstein's at the factory put the fuses for the amps behind the breaker panel. Look there and you should find them. I had nothing but trouble with the amps and subwoofers and took a bit to find that out. Even the factory had a hard time getting that info. Had to go out on the floor to ask the people putting it together.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not but I believe it is behind the radio just above My Fireplace. Since I have a warranty still I am going to let the dealer repair it when they install my generator.

Allen Render
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VPFam5 View Post
    Well, the Einstein's at the factory put the fuses for the amps behind the breaker panel. Look there and you should find them. I had nothing but trouble with the amps and subwoofers and took a bit to find that out. Even the factory had a hard time getting that info. Had to go out on the floor to ask the people putting it together.

I appreciate the reply, I am headed up now to check that out. I hope it is the case.....and somehow I am not even surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VPFam5 View Post
    . Yup, sure enough. A 12 volt, thirty amp inline fuse right behind the 12 volt fuse panel....why didn't I think that is where it would be? Thank you so much, you saved me a two hour round trip and days of waiting to get it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad that helped you. Took me a while to get that one figured out. Wasn't amused by having amp fuses behind the breaker panel.
    '19 Momentum 351M
    '20 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 8' bed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast