Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pass through door leak

Greetings,

We have had our 2021 22 MLE for a coupe of weeks, but after the last rain storm I noticed water on the floor inside the pass through storage area. I went inside and watched as my daughter sprayed water above the hatch. Water was leaking through the thumb and key cam locks.

After taking apart the locks, I noticed something. There is a black plastic spacer through the hole in the door. I guess this is good as it prevents crushing the door should the lock be over tightened. However, in this case, it was slightly longer than the door is thick, so a tightened lock had a small gap under the bezel, allowing water to wick through.

I believe I fixed this by sealing the spacer into the door with RTV. It has rained since the fix and there was no water inside, however, I have not gone in the pass through to observe again. These cam locks have no gaskets to prevent water from wicking through them.

Anyone else have this problem?
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, but haven't been in much rain yet. Question though: What is RTV? Is it a type of silicone sealer? I did just put in a MaxxAir fan and shroud to replace the tiny fan in the kitchen area...what a difference that makes! No remote. Just the basic one with 10 speeds, thermostat and blade direction switch. A nice thing about the shroud is you can leave the vent open without worry of rain or snow getting in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Mac View Post
    Not yet, but haven't been in much rain yet. Question though: What is RTV? Is it a type of silicone sealer? I did just put in a MaxxAir fan and shroud to replace the tiny fan in the kitchen area...what a difference that makes! No remote. Just the basic one with 10 speeds, thermostat and blade direction switch. A nice thing about the shroud is you can leave the vent open without worry of rain or snow getting in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    RTV is a silicone sealant. It stands for Room Temperature Vulcanize.

I'll be doing the same for the kitchen vent. Although I need the one with the remote, my wife is not tall enough to reach it to operate it without a stool! I'll probably add a Maxxair vent cover for the bathroom vent as well. It's nice to leave that one open in the rain as well. Good luck
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE