User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use RV Parky and have for 3 years. Only once have I found it to be deficient with it's data. I submitted the missing CG information and found it updated in about two weeks. I've not tried the other APPS so I can't rate them but I'm happy with RV Parky.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using https://www.myscenicdrives.com/

Has many of the features as Trip wizard, but free. They also recommend campgrounds, but does not show many locations.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Love your Slingshot!
    Thanks. We needed to order a 381M in order for the sling to fit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trip planning

Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Disclaimer: The following is my opinion only based on our travel habits, campgrounds used, and planning preferences.

My DW is still using the Google method but I think I am slowly converting her to RV Trip Wizard. I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help someone find the right tool sooner. Happy camping and safe travels!

Good post, thanks Mike!
    Gabby
    2021 315RLTS Hensley Arrow
    2021 F250 Crew Lariat GVWR 30k lbs
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB (totaled Mar ‘21)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use RV Trip Wizard. Great for planning with some quirks. Actual navigation is not as slick as Google Maps but hopefully they will continue to make improvements.

The very first time I used RV Trip Wizard I exported the route and then imported it into Google Maps. Google Maps then changed the route to what it thought was best so I don't recommend importing routes to Google Maps. Fortunately it didn't cause any problems. However I tested it again and again Google Maps changed the route. This time it could have been a problem as the campground specifically said to avoid the route Google Maps suggested as it was not suitable for RVs.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I use RV Trip Wizard. Great for planning with some quirks. Actual navigation is not as slick as Google Maps but hopefully they will continue to make improvements.

The very first time I used RV Trip Wizard I exported the route and then imported it into Google Maps. Google Maps then changed the route to what it thought was best so I don't recommend importing routes to Google Maps. Fortunately it didn't cause any problems. However I tested it again and again Google Maps changed the route. This time it could have been a problem as the campground specifically said to avoid the route Google Maps suggested as it was not suitable for RVs.
    I totally have had Google maps do that to me as well. I started texting my turn by turns to my wife. She confirms each turn as I use Google maps on trucks large screen. I wish Google maps would just put low clearances and weight restrictions in!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post

I understand some planners can export "breadcrumbs" that describe a route, not just the ends.

RVTW can get weird around national parks. "Commercial Vehicles" are not allowed unless delivering, but the main roads are very RV friendly. My rig is big enough that it triggers this, so I have to set several stops inside the park.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info!

We use RV Trip Wizard and love it. A few quarks, but extremely helpful in planning, and adjusting, our 4 month trip. Well worth the $49. I do wish the info on cell connectivity was more informative in the campground reviews.

I've started adding more reviews to the campgrounds as others have suggested, to get them all in one spot.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use RV Trip Wizard as well. I like the ability to do the research through the app and so far seems very accurate. Has anyone gone through the gauntlet of trying to figure out how to upload the routing information into their Garmin successfully? That to me is the true test of its usefulness.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used any RV planning apps. What do they do for you? Tell you about the campgrounds in the areas you want to stop?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast