Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    Thanks to all that reviewed and responded to this thread. I thought it may have been a wiring issue. I took it back to the dealer where I had the hitch and wiring installed. Sure enough, they checked it and now it works. They said it worked "all along" but it's strange that it did not work before I went there and now it works (??). Anyway, I am glad it's working now.

Thanks everyone.
    I don't know how many miles you have on your trailer but I had a similar experience. Off the dealer's lot I had to set my controller at max, and even then it had little stopping power. It took about 500 miles of use before the brake shoes seated to the drum, and then I backed down on the controller's adjustment considerably.

When you think about it, neither the shoes or the drums are perfectly formed. When new, there may be only a small point of contact. A little use helps form better contact.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just less than 200 miles. Dealer to my house and from my house to the local CAT scale about 40 miles away.

Hopefully my issue has been resolved. I have it up to about 7.5 or 8. I will back it down once the brakes settle as you have suggested.

Thanks for the reply.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mine was towed about 1000 miles to the dealer before I picked it up, ymmv for sure, lol
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my new 2017 Reflection 318 RST I had the same issue when I tugged before leaving the dealer's lot. Mechanic asked if I minded if he took it for a spin. When he came back 10 minutes later all was fine. Problem is, he told me, the delivery operators are using large duelly units and they barely have the trailer brakes activated, so it takes a bit of road time pulling while manually activating the trailer brakes on high.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever had just the front axle lock up intermittently?
    My trailer started doing this first trip out back in July. The trailer has been in the dealer shop for the entire summer for this problem and a list of other problems. I won’t go into the gory details on the leveling system.
    I was told they worked as designed, and made them pull LF drum and check for grease,( Lippert problems on 29RS). Everything was fine.
    Picked up unit and went 25 miles home no problems, then had to take back to dealer to get controller for leveling installed, and the front axle locked up again. This was yesterday.
    Backed off gain to 3 to get to shop, showed them lock up in parking lot.
    They checked out and said no problems, I specifically had them check grounds, and the said all good.
    On my way home , gain was set at 6.5, all good…. Then 10 miles from home front locked up again.
    I looked over junctions and can’t see anything.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ see post #8
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    ^ see post #8
    The dealer was supposed to check entire system in August. I made them pull the left front drum and inspect it. I don’t know about magnet .
    Something to think about .
    Thanks
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12