Hello all,

I just purchased a '21 260RD. I have a 2016 Ram 2500 CTD. When purchased from the dealer, I was hesitant to take it from the lot because while doing the 'tug test" before I left, the trailer did not stop with the gain set to about 7.5 or 8 with the factory controller. So, I pulled the emergency switch and it stopped the trailer dead when I tried to move, completing my tug test.

On the way home, I did not have any notable issues. With the EB enabled, I narrowly had to hit the brakes.

So, I took the truck and trailer to the local CAT Scales (another story, I am over the trucks GVWR by 100 lbs.). On the way up, no issues. I only had to apply braking at a low level to complete the trip. However, on the way back, I had to do a hard brake due to someone in front of me. At the time, my gain was at 8. It seemed to me that probably most of the braking was being completed by my truck. It felt like the trailer was pushing my truck.

So, is it normal to have to put the gain all the way to the max for good braking?

I should also note that was used to tow a 7500 lb. bumper pull with the gain at 4.5 or 5 and it would stop on a dime. I could feel the brakes applying on the trailer and it would lock up if need be. With this setup, I do not feel as though the trailer is braking enough.

I am looking for insight by anyone that has or is experiencing the same issue and how it was resolved.