User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equa flex upgrade

i have a 2019 Momentum 381m with the factory Equ flex spring hangers and trying to descide if just changing the wet bolts and bushing hangers is all that is needed rather than purchase the Morride 4000 kit? Any advice is appreacited. Thanks AL
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moppie14 View Post
    i have a 2019 Momentum 381m with the factory Equ flex spring hangers and trying to descide if just changing the wet bolts and bushing hangers is all that is needed rather than purchase the Morride 4000 kit? Any advice is appreacited. Thanks AL
    Sorry to see, no responses yet, as I am also interested in this subject. With only 9500 miles on my trailer, the rubber equalizer on both sides of my Equa Flex system are pretty chewed up. Also have 1 wet bolt that won't take grease. I think it might be installed in the wrong position. I noticed that by doing a Google search "Equa Flex problems" there are many threads out there. Best of luck, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed your post or I would have replied. Your post is confusing to me. Are you having problems with the suspension? Is the equa-flex rubber equalizers wore out? The spring hangers are the Lippert "U" brackets welded to the frame. The equa-flex is the rubber isolator equalizer. Bushing hangers, are you wanting to replace the Lippert frame hangers?

If you want to upgrade the suspension to MORryde, just for piece of mind, I would by the MORryde kit. Its probably less cost if upgrading the suspension than buying bolts, nuts, bushings, upgraded HD shackles and the equalizer separate.
    If just doing maintenance and replacing the bushings, you can reuse the wet bolts you just need new nuts as they are single use only. I am sure they are available even at E-trailer. Here again you can probably find new wet bolts with nuts easier than just buying the nuts. In any case if your taking it apart I would install the HD shackles no matter what.

Ours is a 2019 and we have 5000 miles on it, add in the initial trailer delivery to Texas and it has 6000 miles on it and so far the equa-flex equalizers are fine. I grease the suspension wet bolts twice per year. The last greasing was Feb 2021.
    I did install the heavy duty shackles right after we got the rig new. You cant see the bronze bushings to see if they are wore out but when I installed the HD shackles after a year of use the old bushings were fine, I replaced them anyway when installing the new HD shackles just because I had it apart. I do carry some extra wet bolts and bushings just in case but have never needed them so far. Now if someday I have to replace the equa-flex equalizers because they are wore out then I probably will install MORryde equalizers and at that point I'll just replace everything bushings, bolts/nuts equalizer. Hopefully that's a year or two away.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 07-02-2021 at 07:02 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On wet bolts not taking grease, initially I had a couple wet bolts on the spring end frame hangers and one wet bolt on the center equalizer frame hanger that would not take grease with weight on the suspension. But parked on an RV site with all 6 stabilizers down and some weight off the suspension all wet bolts take grease fine.
    Of course all of the wet bolts I initially replaced when installing the HD shackles take grease fine because I clocked the wet bolt grease hole at 9 O'clock.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really up to you, but having swapped CRE3000 for the Equa-flex, I prefer them. After a suspension failure with what I consider few miles, I rebuilt with MORryde including the HD Shackles and X-factors at all three mounts.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, my equ fles is fine i was just looking to see if I should upgrade. i think from what i hear changing the shackles is a good idea.
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, my equ fles is fine i was just looking to see if I should upgrade. i think from what i hear changing the shackles is a good idea.
    The shackles are a "no brainer" sort of upgrade. The thicker plates stabilize the slop on the connections and will last much longer than the standard would (the holes get hugged out over the miles).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can the shackle hanger be replaced without changing the wet bolts?
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can the shackle hanger be replaced without changing the wet bolts?
    No, the HD shackles require use of longer wet bolts because the shackle plates are more than twice as thick as the stock ones.