User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    The lights are mounted on the back of the front cross member, you can see the mounting bolt in the first pic below.
    Very nice! I can see where those would come in quite handy. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    The lights are mounted on the back of the front cross member, you can see the mounting bolt in the first pic below.
    GREAT idea! I will be copying that one..... Thanks.
    D & D
    Currently in a diesel pusher,
    but we are going to retire into a
    Momentum 397th in a couple of years.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Mine are LED and I would assume yours are also. But you know what they say about assumptions.
    2. GD won't release wiring diagrams. I didn't ask about plumbing diagrams.
    3. No protection. I bought a hard wired Progressive EMS with remote monitor.
    4. Sorry but I have no suggestions.
    5. I bought the Haloview MC7109 because it wires directly into the pre-wired mount. I bought mine direct from Haloview and they threw in an extension antenna which I haven't used yet but will try it because there is about a 2 second delay. They recommend using one if more than 33' from camera to monitor. I use it like a rear view mirror when traveling.
    6. Mine came pre-wired on the roof for solar. I bought a 190 watt GoPower panel system. I haven't done any boondocking yet so I don't know how well it performs. They do make portable panels. Plenty of options in the market place so read the reviews and pick one that fits your needs.
    7. I have a couple of lanterns with magnetic bases which I can attach to the rear bumper should I ever need to. So far I have always arrived at the campground during daylight.
    8. I have the same problem. Some people twist the head of the tongue jack 90 degrees. Not sure that would help much with the 17MKE. For me it's just a minor annoyance that I have learned to live with. I organized my stuff in such a way that I rarely need to get into the bed of the truck before disconnecting.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well get my newbie questions out of the way...

2. Is there some kind of schematic drawing that shows the actual locations of things like the winterizing water valves (well-hidden behind kitchen drawers) and wiring & piping routing?

I'm sorry to say good luck with that one. All we got was a very generic overview that they give with every RV. It is not model specific. When I called GD to asked for wiring diagrams I was told they never existed.

3. The shore power cable plug contains an LED light to show current flowing; but am I correct in assuming it does not also have any overload protection built in?

The light only shows that voltage is present, like pressure in a water hose., not current flow (amperage). There is nothing in the system to protect the electrical except the circuit breakers inside and Ground fault Interrupters.

7. Previous RV was a motor home, which had built-in backup lights. For some reason I assumed a trailer would also have them, if only for parking in the dark. Any suggestions for adding them?

The electrical diagram for my F250 shows that there is a pin in the RV connector to the truck that is for back-up lights but I don't think the Trailer plug has one, but I may be wrong about that one.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post and answers! Re tailgate, we have a Hensley Arrow hitch, which adds another foot to the connection point, so our F350 tailgate doesn't hit the tongue jack. Pap and Mimi, that's a great idea, s/b an easy install.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

RE: Might as well get my newbie questions out of the way...
    Re our 2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (now into our second season of camping):

Thanks to everyone who replied -- I got some useful suggestions!

Nelson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12