User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why placard says 80 and Goodyear says 65

The placard and n my 312bhts says run the Good Year Endurance tires at 80 psi. But the weight/ pressure table on Goodyear’s site says 70 psi for 3000 lbs which would be right for a 11,500 lb trailer (max geoss) with 4 tires. So. Why does GD recommend 80? Seems a softer ride might be enjoyed at 70 or 75.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    The placard and n my 312bhts says run the Good Year Endurance tires at 80 psi. But the weight/ pressure table on Goodyear’s site says 70 psi for 3000 lbs which would be right for a 11,500 lb trailer (max geoss) with 4 tires. So. Why does GD recommend 80? Seems a softer ride might be enjoyed at 70 or 75.
    You will not have equal loading on all of the tires. The 80 PSI should hopefully cover this difference in weight on each tire. The other way around this is to load the trailer for camping and have a company come and weigh each tire. Then you will know for sure what pressure to inflate to.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't try to turn tire pressure into rocket science. Inflate tires to the max recommended cold pressure as indicated on the tire. The manufacturer accounts for increased pressure when running.
    This will give you maximum rubber on the ground, the least sidewall flexing, coolest running, and the greatest longevity.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the load inflation chart with a cushion, for example if you 2 axles carried 10K lbs I would choose a PSI to handle at least 3K lbs per tire. I have the endurance tires on my current TT and 65PSI would be fine but I run 70PSI for a little margin.

The max pressure on a tire is max, not recommended. Over inflating for the load could result in less road contact and faster ware in the center.

Most trailers seem to recommend max PSI, probably because most manufactures provide the minimum tire capacity they can so max is the proper pressure in that case. Not sure why GD would do that here unless it is just force of habit.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you plan on going by weight, then you'll have to find a scale that can weight each tires individually. It's not necessarily trailer divided by 4. The side with your kitchen, fridge... will be heavier then the side with the dinette and couch. I just go by what the sticker on the tt says.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE