User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part number for diode is incorrect in original post. It should be 621-SB550-T, not 651.......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furion back up camera - 2021 2500 Chevy workaround.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	43939

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Flanagan View Post
    I know this reply is a few months old, but I just traded up to a 2022 Silverado with the PMW problem. Question, Why the capacitor and diode? Would connecting the green wire supplying the front trailer lights work. #3 from the tow vehicle and #4 to the front lights. Would this activate the relay? I found the relay on Amazon and the capacitor, but having trouble finding your part number diode.
    Thanks.

. The capacitor and diode are needed to keep the PWC happy And not having to flip a manual switch. There are probably simpler ways to activate camera, but this solution is hands off.

The diode number in original quote is inacurate. Should be 621-SB550-T, not 651.... Apologize..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furion back up camera - 2021 2500 Chevy workaround.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	43940

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having this issue on my 2024 Silverado HD. They haven't fixed this, even with the new electrical architecture in the '24s.

I have the Furrion pigtail/7way extension, but that throws an error on my truck to "check trailer lamps" because it doesn't see a load on the green PWM line.

I have Haloview cameras on the two front side markers and the rear, three total.

I plan to wire the lights that also supply the Haloviews to the 12v charge wire coming from the 7 way, and leave those without cameras on the normal circuit. The cameras and lights will only power up when connected to the truck. I have a diode in place between the truck and trailer so the trailer can't push any 12v back to the truck on the charge circuit. This is to fix the other problem with the 2024 GMs where the brakes on the trailer are disabled if you have a solar panel... idiotic design...
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123