Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello From California

Hi Ya'll,

Hope everyone is enjoying getting back to normal after a year of difficult times!

GD product line has caught my eye. I'm here to lurk in the background and learn as much as possible. Fundamentally, I'm looking at two different configurations: Solitude 310GK or Momentum G Class Fifth Wheel 320G Toy Hauler.

I don't want to be towing a 5th wheel over 40 feet in length. These two trailers offer me the best in terms of weight, length, configuration and amenities. Futhermore, it seems the smaller 5th wheels are received at more locations. I'm new at this so I may be wrong.

Additionally, I'll be living in the unit while having a home built. I haven't decided where that is yet. I have to get out of California to a state where you don't pay six dollars for a gallon of gasoline, 10.5% sales tax and the cost of living isn't over the top. This unit will be used for temporary housing. After that, I want take a long, slow, very slow trip to some of the fantastic sites the USA has to offer.

Looking forward to reading many threads in this forum.

Have a great day!
    2021 RAM 3500 HO CCSB
    GD owner - not yet..... TBD
    Here to research

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. I think you'll find a bunch of friendly folks who will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from North Carolina!
    I would agree that the smaller 5th wheels are received at more locations. We're 36' and have trouble fitting in a couple of the state parks over here on the East Coast, but the ones around us are all renovating to allow larger rigs to fit. We went into New Jersey once and the campground we stayed at said our campsite could accommodate a 40' rig, but to do that they had to bring a fork-lift out to jockey it into the spot (it connected to the 5th wheel pin and was able to put it into a spot which had too many trees across the narrow road for a regular truck to be able to navigate). For the most part we have not had too many issues though.And if you're more interested in visiting places (ie: not spending a lot of time at the campsite) then most KOA's are big rig friendly, too.
    Anyway - look around, and ask questions if you got 'em. If there's one thing most of us like to do more than camp, it's to offer opinions on how you should spend your money!
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS