User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storage Compartment Locks

One of the compartment locks on our 2018 2500 RL needs to be replaced, the inside cam has broken off. My question is whether or not to search for an exact replacement or look for a better alternative? Has anyone found a way of upgrading these locks, they are kind of flimsy and I always seem to be bending the bottom lip back into position, where it catches unto the trailer.

Grateful fo any suggestions

Ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2F090031-9406-4BFE-B735-297AA59B7431.jpg   0CB23575-0D62-49A9-A6B0-3EB6F1C439F4.jpg  
    Ron & Dorothy
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 High Country/Duramax
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500 RL
    Burlington, ON Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can replace the cam and keep the lock. Cheap and easy. Our 2400BH came with slam latch locks, but on our prior camper I installed combination cam locks so I didn't have to carry extra keys.

Unfortunately none of the cams are all that sturdy so will bend under pressure.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replace ours and the replacements has the same key as the tt. Rvlocksandmore.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All. I have a 2021 Imagine 2400BH. I want to swap out all the locks and key the same. Can anyone tell me what size and style locks I should order? I downloaded an order form from ILH Corp based on an earlier recommendation. Here are the options.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7258.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	34088

There are 2 slam latches, outdoor kitchen latch, and the 2 locks on the entry door.

Appreciate any advice here!!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff and Maureen
    Jersey Born and Raised
    2021 Ram 1500 5.7L, 3.92 Axle Ratio
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered from RV Locks and More which appears to be OEM for the entry door handle (look for a G code on your key). Because I wanted an electronic lock, I ordered a new entry handle and just common keyed to that entry handle. If you are happy with your entry handle and have a G coded key, you can order the slam latches and cam locks directly from them with matching G keys.

Be aware that their E Pro Electric Lock has a door handle that sticks out a bit and will impact the side of the camper. The friction hinge makes it not a big deal, but it is something to be aware of.

Cam Lock (outdoor kitchen) is "Cam Lock Scalped Barrel Actuator with O ring, 7/8", Stainless Steel."

Slam latch is "Locking Slam Latch (Southco replacement), Locking Baggage Door Lock, Plunger Style, Entry Version, Black Powder Coat."

Both of these allowed me to specify the key code in the comments.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jproctor. I will look into this option!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff and Maureen
    Jersey Born and Raised
    2021 Ram 1500 5.7L, 3.92 Axle Ratio
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TangleMan View Post
    One of the compartment locks on our 2018 2500 RL needs to be replaced, the inside cam has broken off. My question is whether or not to search for an exact replacement or look for a better alternative? Has anyone found a way of upgrading these locks, they are kind of flimsy and I always seem to be bending the bottom lip back into position, where it catches unto the trailer.

Grateful fo any suggestions

Ron
    I saw these after watching a YouTuber I follow. Haven't bought them yet, but plan to...
    https://www.amazon.com/combination-c...ation+cam+lock

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased new locks for both entry door and basement doors all keyed alike. Just got the today, they arrived in 3-4 daysf. At first glance they packed well, appear to be of high quality and tooling looks good we’ll see how the install goes in a few days.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yea, we purchased ours at Rvlocksandmore. It will be nice to have a single key for all locks.