User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting gasoline

when traveling on a 9 hour trip and need to stop for gasoline, do all truck stops have seperate gas lanes or is it dispensed from the same pump as diesel?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most truck stops will have diesel only lanes for semis, and rarely will those have gas.

Gas pumps will have diesel usually in the outside lanes for diesel pickups because the nozzles on the diesel lanes are higher flow and different sized..
    Last edited by Lane Hog; 04-24-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truck stops will all have gas only pumps.
    2021 GD 260RD
    2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the bigger truck stops, like Flying J have a seperate RV pump located near the auto pumps with both gas and diesel. Unfortunately not always easy to find. Otherwise, for gas, you will need to mix in with all the other cars, and best will be using the outside lane pumps. Keep an eye for how you are going to exit, other drivers usually don't care about you.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Some of the bigger truck stops, like Flying J have a seperate RV pump located near the auto pumps with both gas and diesel. Unfortunately not always easy to find. Otherwise, for gas, you will need to mix in with all the other cars, and best will be using the outside lane pumps. Keep an eye for how you are going to exit, other drivers usually don't care about you.
    I’ll add to this that while I’ve found those separate gas pumps, the ones I found only dispensed regular gas. With most modern trucks recommending premium when towing, that can also be an issue depending on your stance there.

You’ll mix in with everyone else. I scout gas stations on google maps and Allstays, but even then haven’t had an issue - just be careful not to get yourself trapped. The average person in those places is distracted, in a hurry, and likely has never pulled a trailer - they wouldn’t know how to help you if they tried, and they won’t try.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the major truck stops have apps that you can download to your phone. You can easily search for the stations that have rv fueling.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk