User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single travellers

I am a looking for assistance in how to park a 25 foot transcend 200mk when your by yourself? I am an experienced parker, when I had my husband’s assistance, however since his death, have had to rely solely on other people’s assistance when parking. Any thoughts suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    I am a looking for assistance in how to park a 25 foot transcend 200mk when your by yourself? I am an experienced parker, when I had my husband’s assistance, however since his death, have had to rely solely on other people’s assistance when parking. Any thoughts suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    My husband, even with my assistance, will stop and get out, walk around and look at what he's doing.

IMO, your pretty much going to need to do that, as well as ask for help, either from a campground host, or someone nearby when you're parking. Just don't be shy about telling any helpers that you don't need them to help you if it seems like they aren't helpful.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    My husband, even with my assistance, will stop and get out, walk around and look at what he's doing.

IMO, your pretty much going to need to do that, as well as ask for help, either from a campground host, or someone nearby when you're parking. Just don't be shy about telling any helpers that you don't need them to help you if it seems like they aren't helpful.
    This and a back up camera
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to park myself numerous times. I make sure to look at site first for any possible obstacles, go slow, and very frequently get out and look (not as frequent if spot is on curb side, you lose a lot of visibility if spot is on street side). Dont be afraid to ask someone to be a spotter so you dont hit something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am single traveler also. If it is open and easy to see, I will "spot" from the truck, otherwise I get out and walk the area, including where I may need to swing the truck prior to backing up. You have to keep an eye on the other side of the road. As I am backing up, I am out of the truck numerous times double checking myself. The more obstacles, the more I am out of the truck. The key is just take your time, I have been known to only move two feet and check again. Easiest backing is with the place you are going into being on your drivers side.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advise above. You may also consider getting a few orange cones to use as guides as you back. They will provide visual ques as to where you need to be as you back. I use them sometimes even with a "helper" especially in some of the more difficult compound turn backing situations.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry for your lost. You've got great advise above. A backup camera with markings like cones does help help me when I'm alone backing it up. Even when DW is there helping me out I always get out to look anyway.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is actually an acronym for your situation. GOAL, or get out and look. As mentioned above I do a lot of it. The more complicated the site entry the more trips I make. I keep thinking I will install a back up camera, but never seem to get around to it.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Single travellers

I love the acronym GOAL, that is great. There are other things you can do as well. Learn your rig, meaning know when to turn the wheel in relation to the rear axles. This can be a huge plus. Understand how much room you need to back up. Many people tray to start their back up run too close resulting in multiple back and forward trips. Backup camera for sure.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My father taught me a great trick. Buy 2 or 3 sticks of cheap lathing. Lay them on the side of the trailer you can see and use them as a guide. It works wonders!
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast