User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did, but stopped after that post. I am trying to find it. Also had a post about holding the IN and OUT button until the motors amp’d out. There was a cut and paste right from manufacturer that said that exact process.
    Randy and Kris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to replace the entire mechanism. Gears motors wires. These have continual problems from corrosion to wires being pinched to the slide out box being racked with movement and miss aligning gears. I would not recommend replacing with schwintek.
    Also, just to clarify, we regularly clean, lubricate, all gears all rails and there’s no electrical issue. We had the same problems if we were plugged into full power, or if we are running on battery. The others schwintek slide and our main slide that is rack and pinion operated flawlessly. So I had nothing to do with the electrical.

If you need to replace yours I would highly recommend replacing the schwintek system with the Vroom system. If you search YouTube for schwintek, slide replacement and look for “all about RV’s” YouTube channel, you will find plenty of information about the new system from Vroom. It is a much better design in every way.

Unfortunately, I did not learn about it until after I had replaced my system. But the next time I have problems, I will definitely upgrade to the Vroom system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing here

Quote Originally Posted by USA Traveler View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered or not. Like many I have had multiple problems with my schwintek slidouts. I follow the instructions explicitly for extending and retracting. I have also lubricated them as part of regular maintenance. I have a 2018 Reflection 308BHTS that sadly has 2 schwintek slide outs. My latest issue is our kitchen slide will not go in without assistance/ my daughter and I pushing on the outside. It goes out ok but the motors shut off less then half way in if we don’t help it. No sign of gear misalignment ie metal shavings or gear wear. It’s clean underneath and the rollers seem to be operating normally. I’m wondering if this will be another motor replacement on a 3 year old trailer. 😡
    The slide out is not over loaded either, it does the same thing when it’s empty. I’ve also inspected the bottom of the slide. No damage or moisture to make the bottom side punky. Any ideas would help. Our dream trailer is becoming more of an albatross than an oasis.
    very interesting, I just started having this very issue when I was leaving after Thanksgiving. I am sure hoping it is an easy fix and not a replacement.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar problem here. I found a workaround that involves tilting the trailer in favor of a downward slide as part of the process.
    Also read of someone here upping the wire gage with success...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you have lubricated it but check Darren out at My RV Works if you have not already. He has tons of videos and works on this stuff.
    https://youtu.be/p9Jx2xLZu-8
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would check battery state first and make sure the battery is fully charged or even plug in while moving the slides and see if that makes a difference. I would also check the electric motors. They have been known to go bad without catastrophic failure.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I guess you may have already checked with Lippert on the motor ratios.
    What motor do these rigs with the larger schwintek slide come with?
    GD Parts lookup for 2018 308BHTS has the photo of the 300:1 - https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/2448
    Motor 300:1 = 236575
    Motor 500:1 = 287298

https://www.etrailer.com/question-236549.html

Amazon 10-2020 Review https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo.../dp/B077T2T2Z3
    The 500's are for the steel shafts and the 300's are for the aluminum shafts
    If you use a 500 to replace a 300 you run the risk of shearing the aluminum shafts off
    Yes, I talked to a GD rep about this. He said I'd need to replace the aluminum torque tubes with steel one if I went with 500:1 motors.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had (having) the same issues as OP with my 2021 Imagine 3250BH with Schwintek Slide on the door side (kitchen). Told my original dealer about it when it was still under warranty and they said they looked at it and it was working fine and left it at that. Half way out (or in) it stops, if I reverse it a little bit, I can get it to come in a couple of inches. I repeat that procedure many times and can get it to come in all the way, but it takes a while. Last October I had a different dealer look at it and they said there was an alignment issue and a part (GD part number: 640819) needs to be replaced. The part costs $1140.30 and has been on order since then, but they have not gotten it yet. They told me that very soon a failure would happen and I would not get it in, if out or out, if in. Plan on heading to AZ in a couple of weeks and I would like to get this fixed.
    Omrod
    Wisconsin
    2022 Chev Silverado HD
    2021 Imagine 3250BH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmrodWI View Post
    I had (having) the same issues as OP with my 2021 Imagine 3250BH with Schwintek Slide on the door side (kitchen). Told my original dealer about it when it was still under warranty and they said they looked at it and it was working fine and left it at that. Half way out (or in) it stops, if I reverse it a little bit, I can get it to come in a couple of inches. I repeat that procedure many times and can get it to come in all the way, but it takes a while. Last October I had a different dealer look at it and they said there was an alignment issue and a part (GD part number: 640819) needs to be replaced. The part costs $1140.30 and has been on order since then, but they have not gotten it yet. They told me that very soon a failure would happen and I would not get it in, if out or out, if in. Plan on heading to AZ in a couple of weeks and I would like to get this fixed.
    Have you tried lubing it as per Lippert old video? I know they no longer want us to lube these slides made after 2019 (I believe) but it worked for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvI
    I replied this on another thread. Since day one ours was not working smoothly and would really struggle more so when on battery only. I thought it was because of the cheap dealer installed group 24 battery. So I would leave it either plugged in to the running TV or on shore power. Last fall, while on a trip it wouldn't close past 6in. I tried everything. While DW was looking up a mobile tech I decided to lube it as per Lippert's old video. Not only did it work, the slide runs in and out better then it ever did.
    Maybe try lubing it and see.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12