User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Slide weak, needs assistance

Not sure if this has been covered or not. Like many I have had multiple problems with my schwintek slidouts. I follow the instructions explicitly for extending and retracting. I have also lubricated them as part of regular maintenance. I have a 2018 Reflection 308BHTS that sadly has 2 schwintek slide outs. My latest issue is our kitchen slide will not go in without assistance/ my daughter and I pushing on the outside. It goes out ok but the motors shut off less then half way in if we don’t help it. No sign of gear misalignment ie metal shavings or gear wear. It’s clean underneath and the rollers seem to be operating normally. I’m wondering if this will be another motor replacement on a 3 year old trailer. 😡
    The slide out is not over loaded either, it does the same thing when it’s empty. I’ve also inspected the bottom of the slide. No damage or moisture to make the bottom side punky. Any ideas would help. Our dream trailer is becoming more of an albatross than an oasis.
    Perkins Family
    2018 Reflection 308BHTS
    2017 F350 6.7L DRW 4x4 8' Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Perkins Family,
    I don't know if this is the issue but one of the potentially relevant links describes the need to replace the 50 amp thermal fuse, as apparently it degrades over time. This fuse can impact the effectiveness of the hydraulics systems. Per the ChangingLanes couple, GD now recommends an 80-amp replacement. Here's the details and I know this is a shot in the dark, just wanted to provide you with one potential. https://changinglanesrv.com/rv-hydra...ement-upgrade/

Hope it all works out!
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    Hi Perkins Family,
    I don't know if this is the issue but one of the potentially relevant links describes the need to replace the 50 amp thermal fuse, as apparently it degrades over time. This fuse can impact the effectiveness of the hydraulics systems. Per the ChangingLanes couple, GD now recommends an 80-amp replacement. Here's the details and I know this is a shot in the dark, just wanted to provide you with one potential. https://changinglanesrv.com/rv-hydra...ement-upgrade/

Hope it all works out!
    Jeff
    The 50/80A breaker issue is only on hydraulic systems. The OP Reflection has Schwintek (electrical) slides and draws much. much lower current.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response Jeff. But we do have the electrical schwintek style on our trailer and not the hydraulic.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, thank you for the insight. The only other (crazy) idea I had was that I hear that if you attend the national GD Rally they will fix pretty much anything for free...I know I've got a few things on my list. I hope it all works!
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA Traveler View Post
    I’m wondering if this will be another motor replacement on a 3 year old trailer.
    I guess you may have already checked with Lippert on the motor ratios.
    What motor do these rigs with the larger schwintek slide come with?
    GD Parts lookup for 2018 308BHTS has the photo of the 300:1 - https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/2448
    Motor 300:1 = 236575
    Motor 500:1 = 287298

https://www.etrailer.com/question-236549.html

Amazon 10-2020 Review https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo.../dp/B077T2T2Z3
    The 500's are for the steel shafts and the 300's are for the aluminum shafts
    If you use a 500 to replace a 300 you run the risk of shearing the aluminum shafts off
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA Traveler View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered or not. Like many I have had multiple problems with my schwintek slidouts. I follow the instructions explicitly for extending and retracting. I have also lubricated them as part of regular maintenance. I have a 2018 Reflection 308BHTS that sadly has 2 schwintek slide outs. My latest issue is our kitchen slide will not go in without assistance/ my daughter and I pushing on the outside. It goes out ok but the motors shut off less then half way in if we don’t help it. No sign of gear misalignment ie metal shavings or gear wear. It’s clean underneath and the rollers seem to be operating normally. I’m wondering if this will be another motor replacement on a 3 year old trailer. 😡
    The slide out is not over loaded either, it does the same thing when it’s empty. I’ve also inspected the bottom of the slide. No damage or moisture to make the bottom side punky. Any ideas would help. Our dream trailer is becoming more of an albatross than an oasis.

We are having the same issue with our 2018 BH. Was wondering if you ever came to a conclusion of the issue?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn’t there a discussion on lubrication of the slides? Think there was a post from the manufacturer that there should not be any lubrication of the slide parts.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly not fully charged or weak battery if not plugged in.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Wasn’t there a discussion on lubrication of the slides? Think there was a post from the manufacturer that there should not be any lubrication of the slide parts.

Do y’all lubricate yalls slides? I have read and been told both ways to do and not to do. Also it doesn’t seem to be a voltage issue as to the only time we run the slide is when it is connected to our truck or shore power. It goes out perfectly fine but coming back in it has such a hard time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast