User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fluke3

Choosing a washer/dryer-HELP

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to purchase a new washer and dryer setup for my 385, and would like to know what everyone is getting. I want to stay away from the condensing dryers, and go to the vented setups. What are your thoughts regarding which washer/dryers are the most reliable. For the price one has to pay for these appliances, I sure don't want to be replacing them every few years.

Thanks
    Levey Peterson

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would stay away from the combination units (wash/dry all in one) unless you want to do small loads and have clothes that are really wrinkled. They work fine as long as you can live with that. Our last motor home had separate units that works just like home. Don't know where you are located but the last time I was at Coachlight RV in Carthage, MO. they has some new take outs. I think the majors make apartment size washers and dryers. Just do a little on line shopping.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked at Best Buy's web site. They show several apartment sized washers and dryers. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Levey, that's a good question. I know that over in Europe the appliances from Ariston were very common. You are wise to stay away from condensing dryers, they just don't cut it. The 385TH has a marked location on the street side where you can drill for a vent.

We have been compiling a list of RV washers, dryers, and dishwashers at http://www.momentumgunner.com/rvappliances.html but we haven't had a chance to test them yet. Splendide are generally the most common, distributed by Westland Sales. They also distribute Ariston. Pinnacle and Whirlpool also have models that will work.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

scott42blue
    I just finished this install on 355 TH. Reason for picking combo was saving storage space and extensive research. We did one load to test and it did fine. If you don't need the space I would go for cost savings and speed of 2 units.
    We like the idea of throwing in load, leaving for the day and it would be done when we return.
    Time will tell if it was a good decision.
    Scott

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GD wd, vanity 007.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1959

and kitchen shelf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GD Mods as of 04 02 15 023.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1960

mandolin57
    Our dealer is installing separate units from GE in about 3 weeks......I'm glad it's GE to be honest, but time will tell.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the Splendide brand, they're made for campers and the roads we drive on. This is our 3rd season with no problems. I know you usually add $$'s when you market for camping or boating, but the reputation and reliability were worth it. Plus, our dealer allowed some dickering on price & installation. Just my 2 cents.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

infinity06
    So are the RV washer / dryers worthwhile? I am seeing a Splendide WD2100XC at $1,300 and it seems a lot more economical to take my clothes to the laundry at the camp.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be without my washer and dryer. Had the combo unit in a MH years ago and when we bought our Solitude 369 RL, I went with separate units from Ariston (I believe they also make the Splendide units). We traded in our Solitude in February and are now in a Momentum 380. I kept my separate units and had them put into the TH. This winter when we boondocked in Quartzite, I had to use the laundromat, but I much prefer my own units.

Pam (El Rojo's DW)
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandolin57 View Post
    Our dealer is installing separate units from GE in about 3 weeks......I'm glad it's GE to be honest, but time will tell.
    They are actually Whirlpool brand.

But still they have the benefit of readily available parts if needed. Splendide are good, but if you need parts, they come out of France.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast