User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisnGina2250RK View Post
    Hi All,
    Yesterday we bought the 2250RK. Does anyone have hitch and anti-sway preferences? My tow rig is a ‘19 Silverado, 4x4, crew cab, 6’ bed, 5.3L. My current setup is the bar & chain type with add’l anti-sway bar. Lots of other types out there, just seeking opinions. I don’t want the frame brackets to slide when turning and scratch the frame if possible. Thanks, Chris
    Another experienced vote here for ProPride. When I had my Imagine 2670MK and 2970RL trailers , I towed with a ProPride hitch. I started out with the Equalizer hitch, but was not totally satisfied. I've towed many miles one handed with the ProPride set up. Best wishes and safe travels, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Another experienced vote here for ProPride. When I had my Imagine 2670MK and 2970RL trailers , I towed with a ProPride hitch. I started out with the Equalizer hitch, but was not totally satisfied. I've towed many miles one handed with the ProPride set up. Best wishes and safe travels, Frank.
    I followed Frank's suggestion on the ProPride and have never regretted it. Great Hitch!
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a sliding sway bar style hitch with our 23' camper but when we stepped up to the 28' we went with a Blue Ox weight distribution hitch. We have had very good luck with it and would recommend it.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of options for you - much of your decision will come down to budget (of course,) ease of setup and effectiveness.

I’ve used two different hitches with our Imagine 2400BH: A Husky Centerline with 800 pound bars and now the Anderson Weight Distribution hitch.

The Husky worked great - perfectly distributed the weight (truck front axle weight within 40 pounds of unloaded weight) and very good eliminating sway. The downside for me personally was the weight of the hitch head; a couple of back surgeries have made it challenging to move the hitch head around.

The Anderson is - so far - all that a WDH should be. It distributes the weight just as effectively as the Husky, sway control has also been equivalent (though we haven’t been in strong crosswinds yet with it) and the entire hitch system weighs less than the Husky head by itself. My back appreciates it As you can see, a very simple setup:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A71D0AB8-293E-4B18-9B7D-C598D3CBCE33.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	33997

Of course a ProPride or Hensley is the primo choice but they also weigh substantially more than a standard WDH and if you’re on the payload bubble that may eliminate them from consideration.

Those are my experiences - as the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    Lots of options for you - much of your decision will come down to budget (of course,) ease of setup and effectiveness.

I’ve used two different hitches with our Imagine 2400BH: A Husky Centerline with 800 pound bars and now the Anderson Weight Distribution hitch.

The Husky worked great - perfectly distributed the weight (truck front axle weight within 40 pounds of unloaded weight) and very good eliminating sway. The downside for me personally was the weight of the hitch head; a couple of back surgeries have made it challenging to move the hitch head around.

The Anderson is - so far - all that a WDH should be. It distributes the weight just as effectively as the Husky, sway control has also been equivalent (though we haven’t been in strong crosswinds yet with it) and the entire hitch system weighs less than the Husky head by itself. My back appreciates it As you can see, a very simple setup:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A71D0AB8-293E-4B18-9B7D-C598D3CBCE33.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	33997

Of course a ProPride or Hensley is the primo choice but they also weigh substantially more than a standard WDH and if you’re on the payload bubble that may eliminate them from consideration.

Those are my experiences - as the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

Bob
    It's not to often that a member has had real life experience with 2 different wdh. I'm entertaining replacing my Husky because it's a little heavy on my payload and my back but mostly because it's noisy in tight slow turns. If I do, it's a toss between the Blue Ox and the Anderson.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisnGina2250RK View Post
    Hi All,
    Yesterday we bought the 2250RK. Does anyone have hitch and anti-sway preferences? My tow rig is a ‘19 Silverado, 4x4, crew cab, 6’ bed, 5.3L. My current setup is the bar & chain type with add’l anti-sway bar. Lots of other types out there, just seeking opinions. I don’t want the frame brackets to slide when turning and scratch the frame if possible. Thanks, Chris
    I pull my 38’ reflection bunk house with the Husky Center Line. This is my first rig and it has made my towing much easier. I only experience problems in high cross winds.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been towing a 30' toy hauler for the last five years with a Husky Center Line WDH. Several times across the country, high winds, and about 15-20K miles. It has been a good solid setup, and have always felt comfortable towing. About the only negative I have, is over the last year, it seems to have become noisier in turns. There is no sneaking out of a spot with mine.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    We are serious about getting rid of the sway. We have the Blue Ox Pro
    Also we do not go past or even close to the Dodge Ram 2500 PAYLOAD CAPACITY of 3300 lbs
    With your setup you shouldn't be having sway. Are you sure you're not just experiencing wiggle? My last two TT's had wiggle. Never swayed where I had to hit the TBC to get things under control. Side winds will move any setup around some. So will semi's.
    Have you actually weighed your setup and took the time to measure the front of the truck? I towed a 9600 lb TT with a 1350 lb TW with an 18 Ram 2500 6.4 and didn't have any noticeable sway. Just the usual moving around. Couldn't handle the Hemi 6.4 and the lousy 6 sp trans so I jumped to a 19 Ram 3500 CTD. I still get pushed around some. Never white knuckle. Just need some steering corrections and then it's back to normal.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also decided to go with an Andersen hitch. I've been using a "Draw Tite" brand wdh with separate sway control since 1997 and haven't had any problems, but thought I'd try something different this time. I have the hitch, but I'm still waiting for our Imagine 2600RB to arrive.

I will post my thoughts after I get the new tt and hitch dialed in (hopefully in the next few weeks).

John

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 59 Apache View Post
    I have also decided to go with an Andersen hitch. I've been using a "Draw Tite" brand wdh with separate sway control since 1997 and haven't had any problems, but thought I'd try something different this time. I have the hitch, but I'm still waiting for our Imagine 2600RB to arrive.

I will post my thoughts after I get the new tt and hitch dialed in (hopefully in the next few weeks).

John
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed and looking forward to your review.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast