User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 59 Apache View Post
    I have also decided to go with an Andersen hitch. I've been using a "Draw Tite" brand wdh with separate sway control since 1997 and haven't had any problems, but thought I'd try something different this time. I have the hitch, but I'm still waiting for our Imagine 2600RB to arrive.

I will post my thoughts after I get the new tt and hitch dialed in (hopefully in the next few weeks).

John
    Setup on the Anderson is very easy compared to others though still requires diligence and attention to detail. This video shows the installation on an Imagine 2400BH but the 2600RB isn't very much different - certainly the hitch height, frame rails and placement of the brackets on the frame will be the same. On my rig I have the hitch in the drop position with the ball mount in the top holes but of course that is specific to my truck's height. On mine there are 6 threads showing (or 4 turns of the socket on the nut) behind the urethane bushings to get the weight distributed just the way it needs to be.

Enjoy!

Anderson Hitch Installation - Grand Design Imagine 2400BH

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar experience to that of @Rovers

Several years back we started with an Equalizer 4-point WDH. It worked as advertised but having had prior back surgery the head (~58#) just got too heavy for me to take on/off.

Did research and found some people on the Forest River Forum suggesting the Andersen WDH. Decided to give it a try. Have now used it for more than 5 years on 3 different TTs. The head weighs ~25# and is more manageable for both my wife and I.

It transfers weight to the front axle just like the Equalizer did and IMO has better sway control. It is easy to install, hitching/unhitching is straight forward, and best of all it’s quiet.

I had one issue in the 5+ years of ownership where it got noisy. Contacted Andersen CS and sent photos. They sent a new head and triangle plate free of charge. No more noise.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123