User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch/anti-sway suggestions

Hi All,
    Yesterday we bought the 2250RK. Does anyone have hitch and anti-sway preferences? My tow rig is a ‘19 Silverado, 4x4, crew cab, 6’ bed, 5.3L. My current setup is the bar & chain type with add’l anti-sway bar. Lots of other types out there, just seeking opinions. I don’t want the frame brackets to slide when turning and scratch the frame if possible. Thanks, Chris

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popular and highly rated are Blue Ox, Anderson, Husky Center Line...
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisnGina2250RK View Post
    Hi All,
    Yesterday we bought the 2250RK. Does anyone have hitch and anti-sway preferences? My tow rig is a ‘19 Silverado, 4x4, crew cab, 6’ bed, 5.3L. My current setup is the bar & chain type with add’l anti-sway bar. Lots of other types out there, just seeking opinions. I don’t want the frame brackets to slide when turning and scratch the frame if possible. Thanks, Chris
    If you're serious about getting rid of sway...ProPride. Yes, it's pricey, but it eliminated sway for me. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    If you're serious about getting rid of sway...ProPride. Yes, it's pricey, but it eliminated sway for me. Totally worth it in my opinion.
    Proper loading eliminates sway.

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've used a Reese Dual Cam system since 2005, and it works well for us. Never had a problem with scratching the paint on the frame, but not worried about it either.

They market it under the name StraitLine now. Functionally it's similar to the Equalizer but I like the cams self centering function vs the fixed bars.

Those friction antisway bars that go on the side ball are pretty much useless on travel trailers.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are completely sold on the Weigh Safe True Tow. Amazing hitch with modern tech built in. Gauge in the head shows the tongue weight and a phone app tells you exactly how much distributed weight is needed. Adjust distributed weight on the fly with a thru bolt in the head. Takes all the measuring and guesswork out of setup.

Review of the hitch on our YouTube channel...

https://youtu.be/Qi2dkWeXPhM
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy with Blue Ox, but I have not towed with others and this trailer.

Equalizer is popular and reliable. Similar would be Husky, Reese, etc. Most of us will give a good review for one we are happy with, but don’t have experience with others, although it seems like many who switch to Hensley / Pro Pride call them a major upgrade.

To that end, I hear wonderful things about pro pride / hensley, but the cost kills them for a lot of people. If money was no object definitely.

With any of them, correct setup is the most important part.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are serious about getting rid of the sway. We have the Blue Ox Pro
    Also we do not go past or even close to the Dodge Ram 2500 PAYLOAD CAPACITY of 3300 lbs
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    +1 for ProPride. Had the Husky and it was OK. Then I reviewed the PP and saw the safety and functionality and decided to swap. Yes it's expensive but they have financing available and the customer support is excellent. Before I made the decision to switch, I contacted PP about some questions and got a call back from Sean Woodruff, CEO. Do your research and form your own opinion.

Just finished a trip where the crosswinds were 20-30 mph on an Interstate with speed limit of 75 mph with continuous semi-truck traffic. The PP performed flawlessly.

Cheers
    "TEXAS, the greatest Nation that became a State"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Hensley Arrow, which is very similar to a ProPride. Both were designed by Jim Hemsley. We've never had any issues with sway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast