User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 340RDS

Hey all, my S.O. and I are looking to upgrade fifth wheels in preparation of traveling full time and are loving what we see and hear about GD. After extensive research, we’ve narrowed it down to the Solitude 310 GK or Reflection 340 RDS. With the 340 RDS being such a new floor plan, we’re only seeing or hearing coverage by dealerships and not seeing much in the way of owner reviews. Can anybody vouch for this floor plan and hit some high (or low) lights for us? Thanks in advance!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only just found this 340RDS and what I see I like , switched from getting the 315RTLS travel Trailer to this . REsearch so far looks great

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, yeah, the 340RDS do look good I don't think that you can go wrong with either but you might want to compare the spec between the two.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specs seem to check out and both are compatible with our 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab long bed. I know solitude is a little more up scale than the reflection, but we’re not sure if it’s a vast difference in quality as far as insulation and the like. We like the two way electric/propane refrigerator for occasional boondocking and prefer the couches in the reflection because they seem like they’ll hold up better than the faux leather. Overall, I know every GD carriage is going to be of great quality, we were just hoping to hear from someone who’s had first hand experience in this model.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 340RDS

Quote Originally Posted by Jomiller View Post
    With the 340 RDS being such a new floor plan, we’re only seeing or hearing coverage by dealerships and not seeing much in the way of owner reviews. Can anybody vouch for this floor plan and hit some high (or low) lights for us? Thanks in advance!
    We very recently purchased the 340RDS. When we are on the road, most of the time it’s just my wife and I, but we have 7 grandkids (ranging from 3 years old to 11) and they ALL love to go out with us. We wanted something more akin to a rear living coach for those times when it was just the two of us, but have living and sleeping room for the entire tribe when they came along.

We’ve had two bunkhouse models prior to this. One was a “traditional” rear bunk house model (with almost no living space), which doesn’t work out well when there are 9 of us in the RV on a rainy day. The other was a mid-bunk, which was fantastic, but it was a beast at 43’ long.

At the top of my list this time around was to stay under 35’ long (along with the requirements mentioned above). The 340 comes in at 35’11”, so I compromised by 11 inches, but I feel like we got what we were looking for in every other regard.

In short we are very happy with it. We’ve only stayed in it a couple of nights thus far and the grandkids have “camped out” a few times in the backyard, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to suit us very well. It’s been a hit with everyone so far.

If you have specific questions, I’d be happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bdelcurto; 04-01-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomiller View Post
    Hey all, my S.O. and I are looking to upgrade fifth wheels in preparation of traveling full time and are loving what we see and hear about GD. After extensive research, we’ve narrowed it down to the Solitude 310 GK or Reflection 340 RDS. With the 340 RDS being such a new floor plan, we’re only seeing or hearing coverage by dealerships and not seeing much in the way of owner reviews. Can anybody vouch for this floor plan and hit some high (or low) lights for us? Thanks in advance!
    We've had our 340RDS since last September and love the floorplan. We always wanted a "den" layout but everything we looked at previously was in the 40'+ length range and we didn't want a camper that length since we do a lot of camping in State parks. Upgrading from a 30' Keystone Cougar 25RES, the layout in the 340RDS definitely has plenty of additional storage space for our needs.

The only complaints I have are relatively minor:

The storage cabinets on the rear wall are shallow (about as deep as a DVD case) so you're limited on what can be stored in those cabinets. Since this floorplan has plenty of storage space (we still don't have everything filled up) it isn't an issue for us. We store movies, the Xbox and games (for the kids), books, and I mounted the Wally receiver in one of the cabinets.

The only thing that I feel is a design flaw was the large glass door over the fireplace. It's too heavy for just one magnetic latch so it will flop open while traveling. I have a temporary fix on it now and ordered a couple additional magnetic latches that I plan on installing when I have time.

I'm also trying to trouble shoot why the two led blue lights in the walk in closet shoe rack don't work. I don't see any power to the wall switch but It hasn't been a priority so I haven't spent a lot of time trying to trace down what circuit it's tied to.

Overall we have been very pleased with the floorplan and the build quality of our fifth wheel. This is our third camper in the last 5 years but it will be the last for a while since the 340RDS seems to be the perfect layout for us.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently have a 29RS. When I looked at the 337 at 6’4” my head touched the ceiling in the bedroom. How’s the head room in the 340?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyvv View Post
    Currently have a 29RS. When I looked at the 337 at 6’4” my head touched the ceiling in the bedroom. How’s the head room in the 340?
    One of the guys doing this review of the 340 is 6’3”. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/X6P61Jsi0eY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

340 rds putting in washer and dryer

I am also considering a 340rds. Has anyone tried putting a washer and dryer in their unit?

I love the dedicated living room which allows you to use this when the grandkids arent' around. Has a good TV placement as well (not trying to view it from the side of the room).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    I am also considering a 340rds. Has anyone tried putting a washer and dryer in their unit?

I love the dedicated living room which allows you to use this when the grandkids arent' around. Has a good TV placement as well (not trying to view it from the side of the room).

Welcome to the forum. It look like on that model that the washer goes on one side and the dryer goes on the other side their is a sticker inside were the dryer go to let you know that the 4" hole go there. I install one in mines and it was pretty easy but it would be a good ideal to see if you can get a diagram before you temp to drill a 4" hole in the side of your RV or see if you can find some one on YouTube that will show you how. I had to install the combo in mines because I only had room for just one washer and dryer.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast