User Tag List

Thread: Check lists?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check lists?

Does anyone have a check list for maintenance and setting up and tearing down they could share so i don't have to reinvent the wheel? We would be grateful.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been full-time over 5-1/2 years and I finally broke down and downloaded an RV checklist app to my phone. It came with several "stock" checklists, but I built my own that's specific to our rig. It's ingeniously named "RVChecklist" and I downloaded it from the Google Play store. (If you have an iPhone, you could see if it's available for iOS, too.) As you go down the checklist, you tap a box and it puts a green checkmark next to the task. When you're done, you can "Clear All" for next time around. I've found it very helpful.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricjoyner View Post
    Does anyone have a check list for maintenance and setting up and tearing down they could share so i don't have to reinvent the wheel? We would be grateful.
    I worked one up for me. But it's specific to the order that WE do things. Your procedure will be specific to how you want to handle things. What I did was the first 3-4 (or 5-10) times we set up/tore down I wrote what I did down as I did it. Then I read through it, making sure I'd covered everything. Then I printed it and put it in a plastic cover. I keep my list in hand when setting up and tearing down now, even after 5 years.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ric,

I went through the same search 6 months or so ago, and while I do agree with others' sentiments that you'll want a custom lists specific to your setup, am providing my own (custom) lists as a starting point. Fyi, I have a 315RLTS with a Hensley hitch, and am no doubt still missing some stuff, but hopefully these will help a bit.

Good luck!
    Dave Gaines
    KY Gentleman Farmer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which list. The 1.99 one or the free one

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rshutch View Post
    which list. The 1.99 one or the free one
    Hint: if you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I've done here, people will know who you are asking.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing Lanes has several check lists (T -24h, T -12h and T -0h) on their website in PDF format. I took them, modified and entered each into my iPhone in the Notes app. You can put a checkmark next to each task as completed. You can also share the notes so that as my wife and I perform tasks, it automatically updates on our respective phones/iPads. Even the kids can get involved with their own iPads.

Here is one of the checklists: https://changinglanesrv.com/wp-conte...Checklists.pdf

Go to changinglanesrv.com to get the others.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing to do is open excel and open your owners manual. I found so many in the manual of the individual device that was not on standard checklists. Grab a standard one like suggest, then sit down with it and go through every appliance and owners manual they gave you with your RV. For example, I had a check list and it did not include the maintenance schedule for my hitch because the hitch did not come with the RV. It is worth the time.