User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke warm hot water

I have a 2017 GD Momentum 399TH. We took it out this weekend and could not get any hot water to come out of the faucets. The water heater was working (hot water coming from the pressure relief valve on the water heater when pressed). There was water coming from the hot water faucets, but it was luke warm at best and only intermittently. This was the first time out since winterizing the RV for the winter. However the valves were placed back in a “city water” configuration before connecting to city water. It seems as though there is some mixing of hot and cold water after water exits the hot water heater, but I’m not sure where to look or how to proceed. Any thoughts? I appreciate your time!

Michael M

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check to see if either of the faucets on your "outside shower" are open - they act as a mixer with the hot and cold water.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were both on. I now have piping hot water! Thank you so much!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! We had this same problem as we headed out on the road after the winter. Appreciate this post and the correct answer that got us back in hot water right away!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem, no hot water. Replaced temperature sensors, check valve but still lukewarm water. I finally found this post and low and behold both hot and cold faucets outside were on. Now we have hot water . Maybe, my hair will grow back after pulling it out searching for a solution. Thanks for the posting. Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks second chance for the information

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudakid View Post
    We had the same problem, no hot water. Replaced temperature sensors, check valve but still lukewarm water. I finally found this post and low and behold both hot and cold faucets outside were on. Now we have hot water . Maybe, my hair will grow back after pulling it out searching for a solution. Thanks for the posting. Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudakid View Post
    Thanks second chance for the information
    @Cudakid -

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you choose to get a paid membership (nominal cost and well worth it), you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015