Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Cowboychincs,
    Just returned from the second trip out in our new 337RLS. Houston TX to Ouray, Co. for the past two weeks. Learned a few things I will pass along here. First to stay on topic the tankless water heater worked flawlessly the entire trip. we did experience the hot water taking longer to reach the tap or shower since it was in the low 30's in the mornings. I am also thinking the 8000 ft. elevation plays into this longer duration as well. We did find that by watching the monitor and tuning on the facet just enough to have the flame appear on the furrion gauge the hot water did seem to reach the facet faster. I believe this is a result of the water having additional time to absorb the btu's by moving slower through the heater core. Once the hot water hit the the shower it was endless. Actually needed to add a little cold water to get it cooled down. I did set the water pressure regulator at 45psi. We did bump up the temp to 124 degrees on the controller (result of altitude). The wireless tank monitors worked perfectly so I was able to see the usage rate. (3) long showers would consume just 1% of the 30 gallon tank volume. In the two weeks of using the heater and tankless water heater every day we burned off 45% of (1) 30 gallon tank. Honestly a lot less that we had figured when leaving the RV heat at 65 all night. One lesson learned was not to place anything even slightly heavy in the storage areas on either side of the sofa. I place (2) half gallon drinking water containers on one side and (1) half gallon on the other side. When we arrived at our first stop over the side with (1) half gallon had busted the floor supports and collapsed . The side with (2) didn't have any issue. I still relocated all the containers. Just blankets and light weight stuff going in there from now on. It looks sturdy but don't be fooled. Hoping GD can send me a new lower shelf that I can install. The other issue was with the awnings. They worked perfect, but the slightest wind and they were dancing all over and to a point I got nervous and rolled them up. Anyone else seeing this as an issue? Our previous TT awning was rock solid in 5-10 mph wind. Never worried about them. Do they need to be secured to the ground? All in all very please after two weeks and 2,500 miles in the new 337RLS.

Dutchman2
    Thanks so very much... I appreciate your response and suggestions... based on a couple of replies, it seems like I may just have a "bad" unit.... most folks are saying that they indeed to have continuous warm/hot water.... so I have reached out to our dealer as well as to Furrion to see what they say and how to take care of the situation.... I did NOT have time to try setting the PSI to 45... (based on what I saw recommended for the RV was 40 PSI)... and we did have it set for 124F... so will proceed with whatever the dealer says as well as Furrion.... just hate the thought of having to haul it in to get it fixed/replaced... since we have trips scheduled... but will do whatever to "make the wife happy" with the shower temp.... LOL

Thanks again for the reply

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on Furrion Tankless Heater... just got back from another short trial run to a campground. Set the water pressure to 45 PSI... tankless heater worked very well and maintained hot water... and it did not revert back to cold. So am assuming that water pressure makes the difference in the operation of the tankless heater. Good to know!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Update on Furrion Tankless Heater... just got back from another short trial run to a campground. Set the water pressure to 45 PSI... tankless heater worked very well and maintained hot water... and it did not revert back to cold. So am assuming that water pressure makes the difference in the operation of the tankless heater. Good to know!
    Cowboychincs,
    Good to hear things are working as expected.

Dutchman2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12