Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway Retired Navy Chief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Reflection with Furrion tankless water heater And residential refrigerator

As per post below yes, Furrion tankless water heaters and residential refrigerator will be standard on Reflection models coming off the line after March 1. According to my dealer He did not think the refrigerator will be on the 150 due to weight. I would like duel pain windows and will end up with a 22 as we had to order one. I probably will have a never used tankless water heater in the classified area as I have always used campground power to heat water and don’t want to start changing propane tanks more frequently.
    Last edited by Retired Navy Chief; 04-25-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Reflection with Furrion tankless water heater And residential refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Navy Chief View Post
    As per post below yes, Furrion tankless water heaters and residential refrigerator will be standard on Reflection models coming off the line after March 1. According to my dealer He did not think the refrigerator will be on the 150 due to weight. I would like duel pain windows and will end up with a 22 as we had to order one. I probably will have a never used tankless water heater in the classified area as I have always used campground power to heat water and don’t want to start changing propane tanks more frequently.
    Bad news, Chief, unfortunately the tankless water heater Grand Design is using doesn’t have an electric heating option. It is 100% propane.

I’m not sure if there is an electric tankless system on the market, but the “good” news is that if one was inclined to do so the tankless system can be easily replaced with a standard tanked system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bdelcurto; 04-25-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Navy Chief View Post
    I've seen small electric tankless water heaters under the sinks at rest stops before, you could plumb it in parallel with the gas heater with valves in between so you retain the gas function just in case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I've seen small electric tankless water heaters under the sinks at rest stops before, you could plumb it in parallel with the gas heater with valves in between so you retain the gas function just in case.
    That’s a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Chief. Thanks fo4 your service
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our 2021 337RLS out only once so far and had reservations with the tankless gas heater as we have had the gas/elect unit in the past TT. We were pleasantly surprised and happy not to run out of hot water. We will see about the gas usage over time. In about 15-20 seconds you had endless hot water.

Dutchman2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    We have had our 2021 337RLS out only once so far and had reservations with the tankless gas heater as we have had the gas/elect unit in the past TT. We were pleasantly surprised and happy not to run out of hot water. We will see about the gas usage over time. In about 15-20 seconds you had endless hot water.

Dutchman2
    That sounds promising.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tankless water heaters have come a long way and are really efficient but... you cannot switch to electric vs lp and the biggest issue is if you're in freezing outside temperatures. If its falls below freezing, you'll need to turn it off, bypass it an drain it unlike like a tank system which you just leave it on.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post

Dutchman2
    Dear Dutchman2.... we now have a new 337RLS with the Furrion tankless LP water heater... I think you are the first I've heard saying they "like" it and have no issues with running out of hot water....

We are having the opposite happen... first, it takes a long time to get hot water... then once you get it, it only lasts for 30-60 seconds before you are back to cold water... showering was horrible and we just got used to washing our dishes in cold water....

Interested to know if you have a secret you can share on how to make it work correctly?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Dear Dutchman2.... we now have a new 337RLS with the Furrion tankless LP water heater... I think you are the first I've heard saying they "like" it and have no issues with running out of hot water....

We are having the opposite happen... first, it takes a long time to get hot water... then once you get it, it only lasts for 30-60 seconds before you are back to cold water... showering was horrible and we just got used to washing our dishes in cold water....

Interested to know if you have a secret you can share on how to make it work correctly?
    Cowboychincs,
    Just returned from the second trip out in our new 337RLS. Houston TX to Ouray, Co. for the past two weeks. Learned a few things I will pass along here. First to stay on topic the tankless water heater worked flawlessly the entire trip. we did experience the hot water taking longer to reach the tap or shower since it was in the low 30's in the mornings. I am also thinking the 8000 ft. elevation plays into this longer duration as well. We did find that by watching the monitor and tuning on the facet just enough to have the flame appear on the furrion gauge the hot water did seem to reach the facet faster. I believe this is a result of the water having additional time to absorb the btu's by moving slower through the heater core. Once the hot water hit the the shower it was endless. Actually needed to add a little cold water to get it cooled down. I did set the water pressure regulator at 45psi. We did bump up the temp to 124 degrees on the controller (result of altitude). The wireless tank monitors worked perfectly so I was able to see the usage rate. (3) long showers would consume just 1% of the 30 gallon tank volume. In the two weeks of using the heater and tankless water heater every day we burned off 45% of (1) 30 gallon tank. Honestly a lot less that we had figured when leaving the RV heat at 65 all night. One lesson learned was not to place anything even slightly heavy in the storage areas on either side of the sofa. I place (2) half gallon drinking water containers on one side and (1) half gallon on the other side. When we arrived at our first stop over the side with (1) half gallon had busted the floor supports and collapsed . The side with (2) didn't have any issue. I still relocated all the containers. Just blankets and light weight stuff going in there from now on. It looks sturdy but don't be fooled. Hoping GD can send me a new lower shelf that I can install. The other issue was with the awnings. They worked perfect, but the slightest wind and they were dancing all over and to a point I got nervous and rolled them up. Anyone else seeing this as an issue? Our previous TT awning was rock solid in 5-10 mph wind. Never worried about them. Do they need to be secured to the ground? All in all very please after two weeks and 2,500 miles in the new 337RLS.

Dutchman2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast