Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Looking for screen door part - 2020 2800BH

Hello everyone,

We just bought a 2020 2800BH and are trying to get a few things fixed before the camping season starts again. The rear door has a broken vertical piece that attaches to the screen and seals the slider so bugs don't get in. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement for it. I still have the original but it is beyond repair and also seems to be prone to break since it is just plastic and uses two small cylinders of plastic to hold it in the door. Does anyone know where to get a replacement or, better yet, an upgrade to this part?

Thanks,
    Brad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2009.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	49037

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, it looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum. Have you checked the GD parts lookup (https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup) yet? That's my first stop for questions like this. Another option would be to reach out to GD customer service, have your VIN number handy.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradgarrison View Post
    Hello everyone,

We just bought a 2020 2800BH and are trying to get a few things fixed before the camping season starts again. The rear door has a broken vertical piece that attaches to the screen and seals the slider so bugs don't get in. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement for it. I still have the original but it is beyond repair and also seems to be prone to break since it is just plastic and uses two small cylinders of plastic to hold it in the door. Does anyone know where to get a replacement or, better yet, an upgrade to this part?

Thanks,
    Brad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2009.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	49037
    I don't believe I've ever seen that as a replaceable part.

You may have to improvise something else or replace the door.

Maybe a piece of plexiglass with foam tape to seal it to the slider?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a while on that site looking up parts, but I didn't see anything for the screen door. Worst case I might need to make something to replace it.