User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 337RLS Tongue Hitch weight limit and Generators

I am considering mounting my Honda 7000 generator on a trailer hitch assembly of some kind to tow with me. My concern is the 300 lb hitch tongue weight. The Honda weighs 263 lbs dry and 30 lbs of fuel. This pushes the 300 lbs of tongue weight to it’s max. Even a super light weight hitch arrangement is likely going to push me over the 300 lbs. Anyone have experience with something similar? Looking for advice or opinions. I hate to spend more money on a generator when I already have 2 Honda’s for house back up.

Ecarter

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's too much for the hitch receivers on the back of the GD RVs. The max tongue weight rating is 300 lbs. The dynamic forces on the back of a trailer will multiply anything you put back there by several times. If you want to move ahead with this idea, I recommend having a good fabricator weld rails to both sides of the frame with a platform to carry your generator. Since you have a fifth wheel, can you not put the generator in the back of the truck?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    That's too much for the hitch receivers on the back of the GD RVs. The max tongue weight rating is 300 lbs. The dynamic forces on the back of a trailer will multiply anything you put back there by several times. If you want to move ahead with this idea, I recommend having a good fabricator weld rails to both sides of the frame with a platform to carry your generator. Since you have a fifth wheel, can you not put the generator in the back of the truck?

Rob
    Rob I have worried same thing... too much weight. I think it is too tall for bed of truck. I have a new pin box coming, the sidewinder. Once I get it installed I will verify again if I can get it in the bed of truck and there is clearance.